PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deja Vui - Vanderjerk taunted Steelers before kick attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The guy's not too swift is he... seemed to have forgotten what happened the last time he taunted a team who iced him.

www.profootballtalk.com said:
POSTED 4:12 p.m. EST, January 16, 2006

VANDERJAGT TAUNTED STEELERS

League insiders who observed Sunday's playoff game between the Colts and Steelers tell us that Indy kicker Mike Vanderjagt was taunting the Steelers bench after coach Bill Cowher took a time out aimed at icing Vanderjagt before he tried a potential game-tying 46-yard field goal.

We're told that, after the time out was called, Vanderjagt made a gesture toward the Pittsburgh sideline that was of the "Who do you think you're dealing with?" variety.

Of course, Vanderjagt then proceeded to push the thing wiiiiide right.

The only possible explanation for the entire course of conduct is that Vanderjagt must have been liquored up. http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2003/0202/1503003.html

I think Rodney Harrison put the hex on him. Couldn't you just hear Rodney laughing his ***** off somewhere as that kick sailed off into the sunset?

That kick was aimed randomly!!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen a worse shank on a clutch kick that literally meant everything. And it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy, or team. Poetic justice at its absolute finest. I heard that Polian and Vanderjagt haven't liked each other for a long time. I would've spent good money to be sitting next to Polian when that kick orbited into oblivion. Well, maybe not -- it probably took them a while to clean up the brain matter in his private box after his head exploded. :D

Last edited:
Tunescribe said:
I've never seen a worse shank on a clutch kick that literally meant everything. And it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy, or team. Poetic justice at its absolute finest.
This guy will be an easy cut for the Colts this year. See ya around Vanderjerk, hope you enjoy the CFL! :p

Tunescribe said:
I've never seen a worse shank on a clutch kick that literally meant everything. And it couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy, or team. Poetic justice at its absolute finest.

There was a complete duck hook in one of the bowl games this year, forget which, or what team. Too many games. Anyway, Vanjerjagt's miss would make a good bookend with that one. Also, Maybe Scott Norwood will get a little less grief now.

They said on the radio this morning that the FG attempt would have been wide even if spotted at the 11 yard line, considering the sharp angle it veered off on. That's right around PA distance.

well

sdaniels7114 said:
They said on the radio this morning that the FG attempt would have been wide even if spotted at the 11 yard line, considering the sharp angle it veered off on. That's right around PA distance.

Now that would have been priceless (even more so) if he would have missed a chip shot!

mtbykr said:
Now that would have been priceless (even more so) if he would have missed a chip shot!

Doug Flutie would've drilled that one :D

Vanderjerk taunted Steelers before kick attempt

PatFan1974 said:
Doug Flutie would've drilled that one :D

ha ha ha ha ha ha :D :D :D

even Paul Tagliabue or the refs couldn't make the field goal for him

PatsChick87 said:
This guy will be an easy cut for the Colts this year. See ya around Vanderjerk, hope you enjoy the CFL! :p

Actually, No need to cut him since he is an UFA this year.

Tunescribe said:
I've never seen a worse shank on a clutch kick that literally meant everything.
I have, it was like 2 years ago when the Saints were down by 7, they ran this crazy play on a kickoff return at the very end of the game (which they needed to win to make the playoffs) and they pulled it off and scored a TD, only to have the kicked miss the extra point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back