PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion TreeExtensionWithLeaves Post Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bostonian1962

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'm not going to say his real name in my Title. People are sick of reading post after post on him, much like they were with Ty RuleEstablishedByGoverningAuthority.

For starters, the nameless receiver will be back on the team soon. He will sign a deal, and everybody will kiss and make up. Is not it funny how the unknown gets us all worked up? Well, if you sit and think about it, both sides
are not that far off. BB is in no hurry to get him back into the camp, as he'd have to answer questions of why are you "not playing TreeExtensionWithLeaves". Remember all the rest he gave him last year? Having said that, he's got to get into a groove with Brady. So, it won't be long.

As to the angst expressed over the D following preseason game one. Relax, the three best defenders on the team are Seymour, Bruschi, and Harrison. Expect all three back within the first 4 weeks of the regular season, if not sooner. Let the others learn the system. It's fine.

Finally, regarding the "lack of depth" that some talk about (Borges & Felger). Has the team ever had a better trio at TE? Has the team ever shown such young, talented depth on OLine? How many teams have a better DLine? Which team had more RB depth, this years team, or any of their Super Bowl winning teams?

The answers to those questions mean to me that the future is so bright, I gotta wear freakin' shades. I out.

He's not coming back. Patsies going to make an example out of him.

Sorry to say this, but I think you are wrong on at least a couple issues!

The 'tree' has left the building. This will be his last year with the Pats unless 'tree' fires 'tree-f*cker' and gets a new agent.

Bruschi suffered a devestating injury which no amount of Chinese bonesetting is going to heal ahead of schedule. Sure, he'll be back. He's a Warrior. And very likely suffer wrist problems until he is 99 years old and in a wheelchair, if he doesn't let it heal 100%.

The Offense looks like it will have depth, if you don't need WRs. The Defense will be middle of the pack, in my opinion, even with Harrison and Seymour and wounded Bruschi. No depth a LB, suspect CBs. Starters on D-line are good, Wright appears to be stepping up. That position will be alright if we can back up Wilfork with a motivated and capable player. Smith or Thomas????

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Sorry to say this, but I think you are wrong on at least a couple issues!

The 'tree' has left the building. This will be his last year with the Pats unless 'tree' fires 'tree-f*cker' and gets a new agent.

Bruschi suffered a devestating injury which no amount of Chinese bonesetting is going to heal ahead of schedule. Sure, he'll be back. He's a Warrior. And very likely suffer wrist problems until he is 99 years old and in a wheelchair, if he doesn't let it heal 100%.

The Offense looks like it will have depth, if you don't need WRs. The Defense will be middle of the pack, in my opinion, even with Harrison and Seymour and wounded Bruschi. No depth a LB, suspect CBs. Starters on D-line are good, Wright appears to be stepping up. That position will be alright if we can back up Wilfork with a motivated and capable player. Smith or Thomas????

Well, I agree with one thing you said, and if I'm being honest Bruschi does have a serious injury. Everything I read says just that. Branch will be back. His agent is a jerk, that is true, but in the end he'll be back. I mean, what's going to happen next year? He can't just leave, because we can franchise him. My only caveat is if the penalty money that's adding up right now becomes contencious, then all bets are off. In other words, if the Pats say, screw you you're paying it, vice waiving it as part of new deal agreement, than Branch could get even more stubborn than he is being.

Time will tell.

I for one am ready to move on without Branch-
He may have a case for a (pay raise he does)but he's still under contract!
He want's money for "being the man".
Time he acts like one!
He signed a contract-Honor it,It was a gamble from both sides.
In My Opinion,He thought he'd follow seymour's hold out from last year,the difference is,Seymour is among the best in the league at his position,Branch was only the best on our team,and not one of the best in the league at his position.
I'm really sick of hearing about him!:singing:

The real problem here is while Deion may have been able to make a case for more cashola for himself, he went about it all worng.

Were BB/SP to cave in now - there would be a line of agents trying to renegotiate thier clients contracts stretching from Foxboro to the Bourne bridge.

HAMMERMILL said:
Time he acts like one!
In My Opinion,He thought he'd follow seymour's hold out from last year,the difference is,Seymour is among the best in the league at his position,Branch was only the best on our team,and not one of the best in the league at his position.
The amazing thing to me was that the Patriots DID offer to extend him after he held out of mini-camp. That kind of blew my mind, especially when they offered more than I thought he was worth. That he didn't accept it is mind-boggling.

Hope he comes back soon. The longer it goes on, the harder it will be to patch things up.

HAMMERMILL said:
Time he acts like one!

Precisely the reason why I didn't use his actual name. Out of respect for you and others like you. Quite frankly, I'm the man.:)

fgssand said:
The real problem here is while Deion may have been able to make a case for more cashola for himself, he went about it all worng.

I entirely agree.

the WR will be back sometime, new deal or not. Otherwise, I believe the rules state he will not be a free agent. I know if he is intent on hurting the team, he does not have to come back until near the end of the season. If he doesn't sign a deal, the Patriots will probably franchise him and get a pick(s) for him. Or, he will play with a franchise tag.

As for the team, we seem to have outstanding depth on some parts of the team, and none on other parts.

I did not realize how serious Bruschi's injury was. I hope he doesn't let his passion for the game make him put his long term health at risk.

All in all, it's still too early to tell what the newest edition of the Patriots will be like. It's what makes the season so awesome!

I have confidence that they will make it work, despite the injuries and greed.

He is an above-average NFL receiver, not a great one and not a "game-changer". For example, remember that long pass over the middle in the Denver playoff game??? He dropped the ball, a great receiver MUST MAKE THAT CATCH! Afterall, if you are asking for more than $6M a year, you gotta make the big catches. (I'm guessing that Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, TO, Harrison and Chad Johnson would have made that catch). Just my 2 cents.

GoPats: Bruschi's injury is serious in the sense that he needs to let it heal to close to 100% or he will risk making it worse. I don't mean to make it sound serious like, say, a stroke, however. It is not life threatening, but certainly football threatening. Anybody who thinks otherwise is taking a really callous approach to Bruschi's well being, and assuming that just because he plays football, the rules of life somehow don't apply to him. I'm willing to bet that he tries to come back sooner than he should, because he's a warrior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back