Welcome to PatsFans.com

Deion Sanders wish for Xmas to Tom Brady

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sparetire, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparetire

Sparetire Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -1

#24 Jersey

2. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +189 / 2 / -2

I think Brady would love nothing better than to give the ball to Chad. I think Deion should wish for Chad to figure out the route trees that New England runs.

With al lthe media expectations on Chad and his limited role, you have to be proud of the way he has handled himself. He coudl easily have been a distraction (well for a limited time untile BB let him go). so, he does get it and you have to beleive he is working hard.

I would love to see him have some success on the field.

3. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

Danny Woodhead has more receptions thus far than O'StinkOH. Can you believe that?

Either Chad makes a splash in the playoffs, which wouldn't surprise sorta like they've been holding him back, or he is a bad fa pickup. All that excitement has been for nought.

I much prefer D. Branch getting the ball more.

4. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +79 / 5 / -1

#12 Jersey

Seems like all of Ochosucko's receptions have been against one on one man coverage. Say what you will,but he can still create separation against one on one man coverage. Seems the Pats should try to create a couple of packages that put him in isolation and see if he can make a play.

Against zone he looks completely lost. I have to wonder what he was learning in Cincy.

5. NinjaZX6R

NinjaZX6R In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Absolutely nothing. Cincy's offense prior to Gruden coming in, was high schoolish compared to what we have here. They didn't have to read defenses on the fly during their routes. It was predetermined and sometimes Carson would change plays but that's about it.

I also think Chad isn't too bright to pick up our offense.

6. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +645 / 51 / -21

Folks are shocked that Woodhead has more receptions that our #3 WR, Ochoccinco.

In 2011, as was the case in 2010, our top 4 receivers include 2 WR's and 2 TE's. I'm fine with that.

In 2011, as was the case in 2010, our #5 receiver is our 3rd down RB. I'm fine with that.

7. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,931 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

In between your insulting the guy, you inadvertantly tripped onto the truth.

They've been targeting him to be 100% for the playoffs. You can see the obvious improvements in his game (and blocking) the past few weeks.

He will be a key player in the playoffs - - but remember, he IS the 5th receiver on this team (including the 2 incredible TE's). If Branch is slowed by the injury, he becomes the 4th.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  8. strngplyr

strngplyr In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +414 / 12 / -0

You don't intentionally hold back your own offense when games still matter, especially with our defense. If you're healthy you play.

9. Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +170 / 5 / -3

#37 Jersey

Deion Sanders needs to shut the hell up. Does he have Tourettes and/or that other syndrome where he can't control the volume of his voice. He's always screaming like a goddamn idiot, he is constantly yelling while other people are talking, him and that other imbecile, Irvin. What a pair of complete Jackasses.

10. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,931 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

Never meant intentionally holding back a player who is READY.

Holding back a player who is getting there and planning to have him closer to 100% there by the playoffs.

Notice how many key 3rd down catches he has. They have been using him in spot situations and gradually opening up the playbook and playing time for him. His playing time has been increasing.

11. shmessy

Ratings:
    +2,931 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

HIGHLY RATED jackasses, per Nielsen.

12. cmasspatsfan

cmasspatsfan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I think he know all the routes, what he seems to be struggling with is reading the D at the line on the fly and being on the same page as Brady. Im hoping hes played enough with Brady now that hes getting on the same page more often.

13. JaxPats

JaxPats Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Think DEE-ON should MYOB and say to Chad, " hey bro, theres a tweet message on the football...but you need to run the route to catch it to read it". Maybe then, Tom will throw the damn ball to him....sheesh...:eek:

14. Armchair Quarterback

Armchair Quarterback In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +170 / 5 / -3

#37 Jersey

Maybe, I wouldn't know or care, Jackasses nonetheless.

15. patsfan2007

patsfan2007 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wanna see more Chad than Underwood.

16. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 21 / -13

I'm hoping that Chad catches a couple of teams by surprise and turns out to be a stealth weapon in the Playoffs. We all know how good he can be and, as others have pointed out in this thread, there are few that can create the kind of separation he does in man coverage.

I don't think there has been any better case study of "Horses for Courses" in sports in recent years. 85 is kind of the "anti-Branch" in that the one thrives with Brady in the Pats Offense and the other hasn't caught on.

17. Dessalines

Dessalines On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't know why anybody listens to an ex DB who wouldn't tackle. Note, I did not say couldn't, he just would not do it and yet he acts like a MAN. He's a fashion plate now and that's about it. Let's say, "Nice hat Deion" and move on.

18. Garbanza

Garbanza In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Count on "bad fa pick-up" - one of the worst of the BB era. Pretty sure he and Sergio Brown ride the short bus to the stadium every day.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.