PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders on the Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfanin Philly

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I saw Deion (no the other Deion) on NFL Network describing the Colts. He used the analogy of his younger days when he was dating and the girls looked pretty at night but waking up next to them the next morning, they didn't look as pretty. He felt the Colts looked good now but come playoff time, they will falter. The look on his cohosts faces were priceless (Eisen and ??) because they couldn't say anything without that conversation going places they didn't want to go.........
Hopefully somebody will post it on YouTube or the NFLN will rerun it.....

Just my $0.02,

Crap, Indy will win it all now. Deion is usually in Irvin territory when it comes to accurate analysis.

He called them his "all mascara team". Said they are like the woman who looks good late at night in the bar when you pick her up but then when you wake up next to her in the morning you say who are you :eek: .

They were not too happy with the comment over on Indy Star. Given their track record though it was a pretty good (not to mention funny) analogy.

Better analogy- you go out with a girl for about 4 months and everything seems to be going pretty good. She looks great, everybody likes her but one day you ask her to do a huge favor for you (ya know in a "pressure situation") and she folds like laundry because she was spoiled by her family and ex-boyfriends and never did a damn thing by herself her whole life.

I think it's relative :)

Last edited:
They are the "tease / flirt" of the NFL. Always hinting about what they will do, what fun to be had, only to fold when they have to deliver.

MoLewisrocks said:
He called them his "all mascara team". Said they are like the woman who looks good late at night in the bar when you pick her up but then when you wake up next to her in the morning you say who are you :eek: .
richpats said:
Better analogy- you go out with a girl for about 4 months and everything seems to be going pretty good. She looks great, everybody likes her but one day you ask her to do a huge favor for you (ya know in a "pressure situation") and she folds like laundry because she was spoiled by her family and ex-boyfriends and never did a damn thing by herself her whole life.
Pat the Pats Fan said:
They are the "tease / flirt" of the NFL. Always hinting about what they will do, what fun to be had, only to fold when they have to deliver.

You guys have a perspective problem. You keep thinking of the problem date as a woman. So the Colts look really impressive, but then wither when it really counts? I'm just sayin...

The Dolts

Pat the Pats Fan said:
I hate to bring this up, but haven't almost all Dungy's teams been "almost" teams?
Wasn't that the case in TB?

patchick said:
You guys have a perspective problem. You keep thinking of the problem date as a woman. So the Colts look really impressive, but then wither when it really counts? I'm just sayin...

Are you suggesting another product endorsement spot for PaymeTons, the one that Rafael Palmeiro used to pitch all the time?

patchick said:

Haha good one :)

Though I do like to think of the Colts as a bunch of girls, no offense.

MoLewisrocks said:

They were not too happy with the comment over on Indy Star. Given their track record though it was a pretty good (not to mention funny) analogy.

As funny as that is, I have a problem with Deion using a woman analogy to describe any team or player.

I would bet that we have women who post on this board that would be more willing to stick there nose in on a tackle than he would. The biggest P*ssy to ever put on a set of pads and line up on the defensive side of the ball! Rod Woodson was the best all around corner of that era.

Last edited:
patchick said:
Now now chick, perspective "is what it is." You and the Choir are welcome to post "premature" comparisons, or critique the "6 inch" rule to your heart's content. Male shortfalls as football analogies are authorized under the First Amendment of the Constitution if memory serves. I could have sworn Madison was very specific in this instance....

Deion chose to boast that he made select woman happy in his ill-spent youth, the Colts were just his medium to talk about himself. Too bad he didn't think about the wonderful personality that attracted him to them in the first place. As a personable male, I'll never understand how the ladies could have been so desperate to hear a guy talk all night? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes