PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion must be rewarded and signed as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgssand

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Deion Branch will need to be given his deal if we happen to sign Jevon Walker.

Word I hear (do not ask me where - but my info is accurate) is that he will hold out if indeed we do sign JW and do not provide him with a new deal.

I would think it only right that we did make him happy anyway and have every expectation that we will, even if we did lowball him to start things off.

The thought of Deion Branch and Jevon Walker is very exciting and would represent an upgrade at the position over last year IMHO.

Would JW be worth a #1? Before you say no - would you not use a #1 to get a sure thing bona fide starting WR? Well, that is what you get with JW. All reports are that his leg has healed up just fine.

Just picture Tom Brady having these two guys outside - Troy and Caldwell in the slot and Watson coming across or going deep - mercy!!!

The only reason I would be hesitant to send a 1 over is the knee injury he suffered last year. I would think we could use that as a way to lowball the trade to a second rounder, then still have a first rounder to use on whatever we see fit, then throw in that offensive setup and get ready to send nightmares to opposing defensive coordinators.

the only problem with trying to lowball GB is that there are a couple other teams looking and one of them (denver) has picks to spare in the first round but i could really careless if we get JW i think he is overrated and Farve made him look better then he is

A.C Vegas said:
the only problem with trying to lowball GB is that there are a couple other teams looking and one of them (denver) has picks to spare in the first round but i could really careless if we get JW i think he is overrated and Farve made him look better then he is

Just imagine how good Brady would make him look!!

I still don't think he is worth our first round pick unless we can get GB pick nad move some of our others but even then the price might be too high

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes