Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
KFFL Reports
Patriots | Rice says Branch should end his holdout
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:08:21 -0700

Nancy Gay, of the San Francisco Chronicle, reports former NFL WR Jerry Rice, who recently debuted as a co-host on Sirius satellite radio's "Afternoon Blitz" show, thinks New England Patriots WR Deion Branch should end his holdout and report to the team's training camp. "Why are you going to hold out,'' Rice asked. "You are still under contract. It makes no sense. I did that once and I felt stupid. I really felt stupid because you are sitting on the outside looking in.''
--------------------------------------------
nice comment Jerry ... I hope he listens to you instead of his agent.

Last edited:
He said that a couple weeks ago during minicamp I believe. I'm surprised they're only reporting it now, I thought it was old news.

Last edited:
we want to repeat it to Deion incase he missed it ;)

3 days and $42,000. That's more than what most people make in a year...

What's to lose? They only negotiate the fines away when he signs a new deal which Deion knows the Pats want to do.

Old news and something that is VERY easy for Jerry Rice to say now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just hope he continues to sit at home a whine. Missing camp should never be an option IMO.

primetime said:
He said that a couple weeks ago during minicamp I believe. I'm surprised they're only reporting it now, I thought it was old news.

Are you sure he wasn't saying it to another WR? I remember hearing him say something like that but it was before the while Branch thing went down.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Jerry Rice was talking like that about me, I sure as hell would get my ass into training camp so I wouldn't disrespect the greatest reciever of all time. What ever Jerry says, I would do. The man is defines "tightness"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back