PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Can stay on his vacation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
With todays game,there is alot of doubt in our Recievers.Ya know though.We still won.It was stressful and Close.But We got it done folks,and without the little pipsqueak on the field to help.Our Recievers will be ok,They Need time.While we wait for that to happen,our running game AND defense has shown they can keep us in the game.Hell,Even the Rook contributed to our win today.Which is more then we can say about Deion.Im sticking to my guns here.The Patriots are a team.Team means we only praise guys that are here.Enough Said.Great Win Today folks.

i rather have Branch come back..he would help tremendously wether Caldwell had 100 yards today or not..Branch on the field = big +

Remix 6 said:
i rather have Branch come back..he would help tremendously wether Caldwell had 100 yards today or not..Branch on the field = big +

I agree,it would be a plus,but right now.It gives others a chance to be that +...We did ok.It was strange not seeing him out there,But oh Well.On to week two..

Give the players, the system, and the staff a chance to meld...who knows how good this receiver roster can/will be with or without DB.

Drink the koolaid; that's OK. We'll be fine, but don't fool yourself. This game would likely have been a much different game with Branch and Givens playing instead of Caldwell and Childress.

Maybe Gabriel and Jackson will be as good next week as Branch as Givens, and maybe they won't.

desi-patsfan said:
I agree. Give me Jackson and Gabriel.

I don't mean to be pessimistic or negative in any way, but I'm a bit confused on how many of you guys seem to be relying on 2 players who have yet to touch the field in a patriots uniform. (1 of which has never touched the field at all)

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited to see what they can do, but there is simply no way Gabriel and Jackson could (as of now) match veteran WR's Branch and Givens. Gabriel and Jackson simply haven't proven much to us.

We'll see what they can do.

Last edited:
Branch can sit out the entire season if he wants...

I don't care!!

mgteich said:
Drink the koolaid; that's OK. We'll be fine, but don't fool yourself. This game would likely have been a much different game with Branch and Givens playing instead of Caldwell and Childress.

Maybe Gabriel and Jackson will be as good next week as Branch as Givens, and maybe they won't.
You have a point, Branch's pass blocking was an unappreciated part of his game, and I can't ever remember a DE getting by Givens to pressure Tommy. :D

I hate the holdout more than ever right now because he's potentially costing us games now.

Harden the stance, baby, harden the stance.

skri65 said:
I don't mean to be pessimistic or negative in any way, but I'm a bit confused on how many of you guys seem to be relying on 2 players who have yet to touch the field in a patriots uniform. (1 of which has never touched the field at all)

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited to see what they can do, but there is simply no way Gabriel and Jackson could (as of now) match veteran WR's Branch and Givens. Gabriel and Jackson simply haven't proven much to us.

We'll see what they can do.

Reality Alert 1. Givens is gone. No amount of would of's, could of's, or should of's will bring him back . Get over it- get on with life.

REALITY ALERT 2: Branch is sitting home by his own choice. He may never play another in a Patriots uniform (I hope). No amount of wishing or hoping will change that. Get over it- get on with life.

So, you have a guy who did pretty well with Oakland with a couple of bad QB's. You have a guy who is a very high 2nd round draft choice. Both those guys will be playing within a week or two.

Do you guys think that things will be worst with them in there?:eek:

Branch is a poison right now. I think the team would be better with him than without, but this whole thing is just a distraction. Get beyond it by getting rid of him. If he comes back after sitting out 10 games, it will be such a distraction that it could cost them any chance of playoff hopes. Everytime we have a close game we are going to ask ourselves, "How could the team played better/or worse with Deion". Trade him now, but not to a team with-in the division.

Of course, we will be better with addition of the two players. Did someone say otherwise?

We would also be better if Branch were suited up. Do you think otherwise?

Everyone wants bb to continue to stick it to Branch, whatever that means, even if bb risks winning games to make a point. Is there any question that the team would have been a better team today if it were Branch playing instead of Childress?

I am not disagreeing with bb's strategy for the long-term good of the patriots; just stating the obvious. Hopefully, in a couple weeks, the Branch situation will be resolved, and he will either be part of this SB run, or we we will forget about him. BTW, if he continues to hold out, I don't think he will ever play for the patriots again, no matter what the need at Game 10.

PATSNUTme said:
Reality Alert 1. Givens is gone. No amount of would of's, could of's, or should of's will bring him back . Get over it- get on with life.

REALITY ALERT 2: Branch is sitting home by his own choice. He may never play another in a Patriots uniform (I hope). No amount of wishing or hoping will change that. Get over it- get on with life.

So, you have a guy who did pretty well with Oakland with a couple of bad QB's. You have a guy who is a very high 2nd round draft choice. Both those guys will be playing within a week or two.

Do you guys think that things will be worst with them in there?:eek:

Last edited:
mgteich said:
Of course, we will be better with addition of the two players. Did someone say otherwise?

Everyone wants bb to continue to stick it to Branch, whatever that means, even if bb risks winning games to make a point. Is there any question that the team would have been a better team today if it were Branch playing instead of Childress?
Too many people here have gone off the deep end on this one. They have become too emotional in their disdain for Branch.

I, for one, am glad the Belichick will make his decisions without any emotion whatsoever. He won't try to "stick it to Branch" and if the right deal presents itself, Branch will be more than welcome to rejoin the team.

rdrr said:
Branch is a poison right now.
No he isn't.
rdrr said:
I think the team would be better with him than without, but this whole thing is just a distraction.
No, it isn't.
rdrr said:
Get beyond it by getting rid of him. If he comes back after sitting out 10 games, it will be such a distraction that it could cost them any chance of playoff hopes.
No it won't. Stop underestimating the team or the coaches. They are professionals and able to look past the situation to prepare for and play football.
rdrr said:
Everytime we have a close game we are going to ask ourselves, "How could the team played better/or worse with Deion". Trade him now, but not to a team with-in the division.
The fans and mediots may ask themselves that, but the players and coaches won't.

QuiGon said:
No he isn't.
No, it isn't.
No it won't. Stop underestimating the team or the coaches. They are professionals and able to look past the situation to prepare for and play football.
The fans and mediots may ask themselves that, but the players and coaches won't.

A voice of sanity. Thankfully BB and SP think rationally too.

Qui-Gon:

The Branch thing isn't a distraction, but he is hurting the team by sitting out. It's that simple. So, in that sense, yes he is a poison. I don't think the Pats are the type of team to be distracted by off-the-field stuff, but Branch is being a selfish child and as a result, the team will not do as well b/c he is not on the field. I don't see how you can justify his behavior given that he is hurting the team (again, by not being on the field, this has nothing to do with "distractions").

Last edited:
mgteich said:

.... Is there any question that the team would have been a better team today if it were Branch playing instead of Childress?

Bam Childress playing ... had absolutely nothing (that i could see) to do ... with that bad first half.

As PatsNUT tried to say, the weakness was the O-Line on passing plays.
Yes, Branch blocks well downfield. But today ... at least once ... i saw Childress
block a much bigger guy to spring a run.

QuiGon said:
No he isn't.
No, it isn't.

Very much agreed. I continue to expect Branch to be back with the team whether it's in week 2 or week 11.

Box_O_Rocks said:
You have a point, Branch's pass blocking was an unappreciated part of his game, and I can't ever remember a DE getting by Givens to pressure Tommy. :D

It's underappreciated because it doesn't exist. Branch sucks as a blocker. Can anyone ever remember Branch giving a block like the one Childress gave to spring Maroney on his big gain ? Givens was the only receiver that blocked worth a damn. But he wasn't taking on DEs - that makes no sense - I don't know where you get that.

Caldwell looks like as good or better than Givens. Check out the first scoring drive - he took his player out downfield on the big gain Dillon screen. If you check out running plays, you usually see him with his body on his man, usually Clements. Considering how much our RB's were in the secondary today, Clements had only 1 solo tackle, when he usually averages 5 a game.

R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back