PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch on Jim Rome Radio Show Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfrom1960

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sometime between now (9:30 Pacific) and 12 Pacific. Let's see if Rome is astute/has done his homework enough to know about the little twit's comment that all the Patriots have are Brady and Dillon, and asks him about it. I'll try to catch it.

I'm more interested in hearing why he chose not to fulfill his contract. F*ck that jerk. There's not many players I'd say this about but I'd do a little jig around my living room if I saw him break a leg or something.

BelichickFan said:
I'm more interested in hearing why he chose not to fulfill his contract. F*ck that jerk. There's not many players I'd say this about but I'd do a little jig around my living room if I saw him break a leg or something.
Yes, also that for sure. Problem with the Jim Rome show is he lets his callers spout absolutely stupid trash talk ad nauseum, like just now. Almost turned it off. Then there's the loooonnggg commercials. Then there's the fact that I also can't stand Rome most of the time (beat LA!). The only saving grace is that he does have good guests calling in. And yes, f--- Branch.

SO what did f****** Branch say???

When did Deion say that all we had was Tom Brady and Corey Dillon? I didn't hear that quote.

Brownfan80 said:
When did Deion say that all we had was Tom Brady and Corey Dillon? I didn't hear that quote.
You can probably find the thread if you try a few searches. Bottom line, he said we have Brady, Dillon and a "bunch of try hard guys" on offense.

I had not heard that quote..ONLY makes me think less of him..so what did he say today??

bump - did anyone listen to the interview?

Not much, he was late getting on the show so he was on for less than 5 minutes. The only thing he really said about the Pats was that he didn't expect himself to be in the situation of leaving or not.

bigdgp said:
The only thing he really said about the Pats was that he didn't expect himself to be in the situation of leaving or not.
I find that totally either a lie or an uniformed player. Given that he didn't negotiate and was adamant about the 5th year..what the heck did he expect?? THAT woud have been the followup question.."Deion..your agent didn't send a counter offer, you refused to even partake in the team's largest chairty fundraiser, and you sat out and refused to come to camp. What did you think was going to happen??" I think what he said should be taken with a grain of salt...if he really belived he would be back..did he actually think he was taking the Patriots for a ride and that they would give in?? Another question would have been "Why did you act like you were not coming back at all??" But of course gutless wonders would never ask a truly tough follow up.
As far as I am concerned he pushed it for the Geen...and gave NO indication he wanted to come back and what he said was just as phony as all the other stuff he spews out. The humbleness baloney is just that. Deion what planet are you on..you STILL don't get it.

Pats726 said:
I find that totally either a lie or an uniformed player. Given that he didn't negotiate and was adamant about the 5th year..what the heck did he expect?? THAT woud have been the followup question.."Deion..your agent didn't send a counter offer, you refused to even partake in the team's largest chairty fundraiser, and you sat out and refused to come to camp. What did you think was going to happen??" I think what he said should be taken with a grain of salt...if he really belived he would be back..did he actually think he was taking the Patriots for a ride and that they would give in?? Another question would have been "Why did you act like you were not coming back at all??" But of course gutless wonders would never ask a truly tough follow up.
As far as I am concerned he pushed it for the Geen...and gave NO indication he wanted to come back and what he said was just as phony as all the other stuff he spews out. The humbleness baloney is just that. Deion what planet are you on..you STILL don't get it.

You sir, are absolutely 100% CORRECT. He abandoned the organization that did take a chance on him and draft him high, he abandoned his "buddy' Tom Brady, he screwed over his teammates and of course gave the big time FU to all of his fans that really bought into his "act" as it turned out to be. Am I bitter - yes, because he was disingenuous all the way around.

Is it bitterness ot just a recognition of what is totally phony??? WHat was he thinking?? I really WOULD like to know..really. And I have met him twice in TC...and he seemed humble and quite fan friendly..BUT when there is that ugliness that greed that stubbornness that takes what is tight and throws it out the window..THAT makes the humbleness look phony. What was he thinking...never expected to be in that situation...Frankly, I find THAT phony...you sit out, do not negotiate..what do you think is going to happen??
PLEEEEEZ!!!!!!!! Tell that to all the no nothings who don't know the details of what he did...not to the fans of the Patriots. I would have had NO problem at all if he played this year and went the FA route like Givens. But that was not what the crybaby wanted..he wanted his money NOW!! I wonder what Boston
reporter will ask him the tough questions?? WOn't be Borges, or Felger...

fgssand said:
You sir, are absolutely 100% CORRECT. He abandoned the organization that did take a chance on him and draft him high, he abandoned his "buddy' Tom Brady, he screwed over his teammates and of course gave the big time FU to all of his fans that really bought into his "act" as it turned out to be. Am I bitter - yes, because he was disingenuous all the way around.

I couldn't agree with you more. I have no use for the little punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots