PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch-Modern day Lynn Swann

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Decent regular season numbers, great playoff numbers. That tells me Brady spreads the ball around until it counts, then deion becomes the focus.
In 8 playoff games he's had over 100 yards 4 times.143 yards against the Panther and 134 yards against the eagles. Had over 150 yards against the Broncos last year, and had over 100 yards against the steelers in 2004. If deion leaves and goes on to have a great career at least we can tell our kids we didnt overpay.

That makes it look like he's a part-time player. Why pay him big bucks as a part-timer? Becaused a double-team shuts him down COMPLETELY? What type of #1 WR is that? An average one.

I'll tell my kids all about the 6 SB's and when they ask about Deion, I'll tell them Sanders was never a Patriots. Branch? Branch who?

:D

R_T26 said:
Decent regular season numbers, great playoff numbers. That tells me Brady spreads the ball around until it counts, then deion becomes the focus.
In 8 playoff games he's had over 100 yards 4 times.143 yards against the Panther and 134 yards against the eagles. Had over 150 yards against the Broncos last year, and had over 100 yards against the steelers in 2004. If deion leaves and goes on to have a great career at least we can tell our kids we didnt overpay.
I wonder why you are are a Patriots fan when you HAVe ZERO understanding of what they are about... Go cheer for the Skins..or other loser teams..

tailgater said:
That makes it look like he's a part-time player. Why pay him big bucks as a part-timer? Becaused a double-team shuts him down COMPLETELY? What type of #1 WR is that? An average one.

I'll tell my kids all about the 6 SB's and when they ask about Deion, I'll tell them Sanders was never a Patriots. Branch? Branch who?

:D

i would rather have a reciever who needs a double team to shut him down, then reche caldwell who shuts down himself because he cant even figure out the playbook.

R_T26 said:
i would rather have a reciever who needs a double team to shut him down, then reche caldwell who shuts down himself because he cant even figure out the playbook.

Since when can Caldwell not figure out the playbook? Maybe you should actually watch some practices and games before opening your mouth and proving to everyone you don't have a clue.

R_T26 said:

RT that's totally unfair to Caldwell. Totally. He can run routes fine and that has been proven over and over again.

He just has skillet paws when it comes time to actually catch the football.

It think its reasonable to say that the Pats wont overpay...and I dont think they should.

Geez, give R_T26 a break. He presents a case at least worth close examination, not kool-aid guzzling spastic reflexes.

Brady (remember him?) must look to the Twig in crunch time for a reason. And other than the pass Branch dropped in major crunch time against Denver in the reg. season (was it last year or two years ago?) when he got hammered over the middle, Deion has held on to the ball like glue when the cards were really being dealt. R_T26 simply asks if the financial discipline will cost us more SB's because whoever replaces Branch might flinch instead of making the big catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes