PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch - injured again

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
If we're going to kill Maroney for missing some time - when it's awfully clear that BB is being extra cautious - we might as well note Deion Branch's fragility. He's out for at least two weeks with a sprained foot.

For all the talk about Stallworth's injury history, he has actually played in more (regular season) games than Branch and they were drafted the same year.

Yeah who's Branch? I don't remember anybody named Branch.

Branch has been great this year. Its tough to see him get injured.

For all the talk about Stallworth's injury history, he has actually played in more (regular season) games than Branch and they were drafted the same year.

I said this during the offseason when some Pats fans were saying Donte was to fragile. Seemed to make a few people think twice when they realized Branch had missed more games and Stallworth had better stats with Brooks throwing to him for a large part of his career.

The funny thing about the Maroney's a "china doll" talk is that he only missed two games last year and came back to play through those injuries showing his toughness. He didn't even really these past two games as he wanted to play and thought he was going to against the Bengals but the coaches are keeping him out to play it safe. I don't blame them though as groin injuries can be tricky.

Deion who?

Has he even come close to justifying his contract? He's on par for another 5 TD's-or-less regular season. I'll always admire what he did in SB38, the AFC game against the steelers, and SB39 but in the salary cap era if you're gonna demand "Reggie Wayne money" than you gotta put up Reggie Wayne numbers. Unless a team is owned by a Microsoft co-founder and coached by Mike Holmgren I guess.

we got bingo :)

troybingo.jpg

I wasn't totally making this thread just to ridicule Deion - so much as to point out that we should hold every player on the Pats (and Deion was BELOVED here) to the same ridiculous standard some seem to be holding Maroney. LoMar looks to have been held out TWICE by Belichick being hyper-cautious - he had to have been extremely close to playing since they flew him to Cincy - and people are absolutely killing him. Wait 'til he comes back and be glad we had the luxury of not testing a baulky groin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back