PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch; Hope you play like garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I hope Deion Branch has a terrible career from here on out.

Terrible.

Unless they somehow play the Colts in the Superbowl. Then i want him to have one good game. Other than that, I want him to play horrible.

does anyone else want him to have a bad career?

Yes, the way he shot his way out of town really stinks. However, I do think the Pats were resigned to cutting ties with him and ended up with what they wanted as a consolation prize, i.e. trade him somewhere where it won't come back to haunt us and get a first round pick. GO PATS! Adios Deion.

I don't wish ill upon him, but I'd enjoy him stinking the joint up in Seattle, yes. He won't, but I'd enjoy it.

I have the same feelings for Givens and Vinatieri (Vinatieri more so). It's immature and emotional, but then I'm a fan, so I'm allowed.

Part of me wishes Branch winds up on IR and is a bust in Seattle and then the other part of me wishes he and the Seahawks meet us in the Super Bowl and we knock the ever-loving piss out of him.

richpats said:
Part of me wishes Branch winds up on IR and is a bust in Seattle and then the other part of me wishes he and the Seahawks meet us in the Super Bowl and we knock the ever-loving piss out of him.

Well he IS a fragile lil woose. Remember BB used to sit him for preseason....didn't want his lil cuddle bear to get banged up.

Last edited:
richpats said:

These would be two great scenarios!!

P.S. - Now we know why Belichick was smiling in his press conference yesterday and seemed so upbeat. He saw how badly Seattle was playing and knew they'd be calling this morning to up their offer for Branch.

Don't forget when Deion owes the Pats some money!!!

He has his total fines for missing training camp, plus the Pats will not pay him his first game paycheck.

How do they get their money? Do they put a lien on his signing bonus with Seattle? or just send the bill to his agent?

Brownfan80 said:
I don't wish ill upon him, but I'd enjoy him stinking the joint up in Seattle, yes. He won't, but I'd enjoy it.

I have the same feelings for Givens and Vinatieri (Vinatieri more so). It's immature and emotional, but then I'm a fan, so I'm allowed.

I like the way you said that. If Branch's durability becomes an issue in Seattle, like it was in New England, I don't think any of us would lose sleep over it.

Too bad Seattle's next game at New England is in 2012- maybe they'll cut 'Branch the Bust' after a few seasons and he'll hook up with an AFC foe.

Murphys95 said:
I like the way you said that. If Branch's durability becomes an issue in Seattle, like it was in New England, I don't think any of us would lose sleep over it.

Because he didn't have any training camp, I say he's hurt w/in the first three weeks of playing. I'm not wishing it or anything, but that is my feeling.

BB used to hold him out of pre-season games so he wouldn't get worn down, but he always participated in training camp where he could get conditioned.

I do NOT understand this vitriol. People come, people go. Let's hope our laundry beats theirs.

I wish only the best for Lawyer, Ty, Adam, Willie and Deion, except when it harms our Patriots. They've all given us moments that, five years ago we would've given almost anything to experience.

Deion will have a good career. He's a really professional receiver, with a good skill set. So will a lot of other guys who don't play for the Pats. Will he be great? That's another question.

Bertil said:
I do NOT understand this vitriol. People come, people go. Let's hope our laundry beats theirs.

I wish only the best for Lawyer, Ty, Adam, Willie and Deion, except when it harms our Patriots. They've all given us moments that, five years ago we would've given almost anything to experience.

Deion will have a good career. He's a really professional receiver, with a good skill set. So will a lot of other guys who don't play for the Pats. Will he be great? That's another question.

You, sir, have a lot of class so it behooves me to say you don't fit in with the rest of this board.

A lot of us were saying no less than a two and now are celebrating like they won something. In the end though, you can't deny Branch got what he wanted. I like the Seahawks, so I don't wish him any ill-will, there's no point. If he were a Jets player I would, sure, but it doesn't help or hurt me any whether he gets TDs or not.

It's a different situation with the other guys...They had fulfilled their contractual obligations. Deon hurt team by failing to complete his contract. Personnel decisions had been made knowing that he was signed through 2006.

The Tumor is dead to me....The irony here will be if he blows a Hammie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back