PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch back with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Branch seems to be a bail out at times for Brady. Even with as many weapons Brady may have they have a chemistry that's just natural.

A chemistry that nowadays is chiefly on display every time there's a busted coverage in his vicinity, usually because Branch is the last guy the defense accounts for.

Happy to have him back, wish him luck, and hope he plays a lot, especially in the hurry-up; otherwise, I don't see why he's back.

A chemistry that nowadays is chiefly on display every time there's a busted coverage in his vicinity, usually because Branch is the last guy the defense accounts for.
Defenses account for all 5 eligible receivers on every play.

Happy to have him back, wish him luck, and hope he plays a lot, especially in the hurry-up; otherwise, I don't see why he's back.
Because he is better than what we have had active and on the field.

Very good news. Alot of us were asking for this and we got it

If its 3rd and long I still look for that Brady to Branch combo to move the chains....I get nervous when he throws to LLoyd at times....I think they just are not there yet.

Defenses account for all 5 eligible receivers on every play.

There are times when I suspect you're not a real poster, but the result of some comp-sci program's natural language bot project.

Or maybe you're just BB posting.

Slater really won't be making any plays at WR unless we lose the top 4 there....

I like this offense on paper. :rocker:

WR1-LLoyd
WR2-Welker
WR3-Branch
WR4-Edelman
WR5-Slater

TE1: Gronk
TE2: Hernandez (when he gets back)
TE3: Winslow

The team is stacked at these positions. HOpefully, BB will be smart enough to keep Winslow when Hernandez comes back, just in case.

Suddenly this week just got a lot better.

If its 3rd and long I still look for that Brady to Branch combo to move the chains....I get nervous when he throws to LLoyd at times....I think they just are not there yet.

My point exactly having Branch here. He's clutch when it counts, Brady never hesitates to throw his way.

There are times when I suspect you're not a real poster, but the result of some comp-sci program's natural language bot project.

Or maybe you're just BB posting.

Well at least that was more productive than posting that you think defenses ignore receivers.:rolleyes:

My point exactly having Branch here. He's clutch when it counts, Brady never hesitates to throw his way.

lloyd was clutch on his two catches on the sidelines..one was on 3rd i think...he is great at keeping the feet in making a diving catch

Hope Branch will be very productive this Sunday! We need everyone firing on all cylinders to beat the Ravens.

Luckily he only needs to be the 4th best receiving threat on the team. I'm guessing 3 WR sets will be used a lot on sunday, unless winslow picks up the play book real fast.

I'm guessing that Winslow doesn't pick up the playbook at all. He just doesn't appear sufficiently
mentally disciplined.

True but if A Hern doesn't go down would BB still bring Branch back now especially with this Welker/Edelman crap goin on with 3 receivers?

If Hernandez doesn't get injured, then IMHO Branch remains unsigned, and Salas remains a Patriot.

Let's get Gaffney as well just for good measure.

that's what I was thinking...although I didn't want to risk the wrath of the P.C. police...I've watched a lot of Winslow, especially when he was younger and he's an emotional, a visceral type player who makes plays using natural ability. I can't call him a disciplined type player, he's not...perhaps they are going to give him a couple of route trees he's already familiar with and see where it goes.

lloyd was clutch on his two catches on the sidelines..one was on 3rd i think...he is great at keeping the feet in making a diving catch

Those 2 sideline catches by Lloyd were just extraordinary:rocker:

Last edited:
Well at least that was more productive than posting that you think defenses ignore receivers.:rolleyes:

I posted that Brady and Branch demonstrate most of their chemistry exploiting busted coverage... which happens most often to Branch as he is an afterthought in the offense, and in defensive plans.

How you got from there to "actually, common misconception, defenses often account for all receivers and try not to let them run about the field unsupervised" I can't decipher.

I wasn't saying the Pats have Branch back because the entire offense will just be quick-throws to him, since defenses just won't cover him.

they really were..he has great abilities. We will be seeing that all year

Lloyd wasn't signed primarily for making good looking sideline catches.....I want to see him making long strides open downfield heading to the end zone.

Lloyd is supposed to be the downfield threat and touchdown bomb which is what I would hope to see more often than 'pretty' 15 yard sideline catches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back