PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Branch appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I didn't see any threads to this effect. Despite the holdout I wish him the best with the Seahawks. Deion came to play every week and without him the Pats offense will not be the same. When Branch has been hurt the offense just wasn't as dangerous. In time I hope Jackson and Gabriel can take up some of the slack but it won't happen overnight.
As for the deal giving a first round pick to Pioli and co. is as close to a sure thing as you can hope to find. I expect that they will turn that pick into one or two solid players that will be cheap alternatives to a 7 million dollar fragile slot reciever.

Julius said:
I didn't see any threads to this effect. Despite the holdout I wish him the best with the Seahawks. Deion came to play every week and without him the Pats offense will not be the same. When Branch has been hurt the offense just wasn't as dangerous. In time I hope Jackson and Gabriel can take up some of the slack but it won't happen overnight.
As for the deal giving a first round pick to Pioli and co. is as close to a sure thing as you can hope to find. I expect that they will turn that pick into one or two solid players that will be cheap alternatives to a 7 million dollar fragile slot reciever.

I'm bitter, but that's just because I loved the kid. Good luck, Deion.

I see no point in bashing Branch now that he's gone. I too wish him well in Seattle, but obviously I hope the Seahawks lose every game. Whether you believe he was just another product of the system or not you have to agree he was a good guy. He's not a T.O. in terms of talent or personality. But in terms of effort on the field he gave it 100%.

i have not liked this story and , sorry, Deion Branch will not be remembered by me as 'positive' but surely a 'negative' story...

i hope we will play SEA in the future and i hope we will have a STRONG win

I think it will be very funny if he turns out to get a Career game the first game he is back... 200 yards, 3 TD's...

... and then after that he doesnt score any more tds and only racks up another 200 yards - for the rest of the season.

o_O

Bye Deion, you could have been great here. You had the best QB throwing you passes and could have won alot more SB's. But then again, "i cant feed my family on SB rings."

bakes781 said:
He's not a T.O. in terms of talent ..... But in terms of effort on the field he gave it 100%.

I can agree with this much. The rest is arguable and it's been beaten to death.

italianpatthepatriot said:
i have not liked this story and , sorry, Deion Branch will not be remembered by me as 'positive' but surely a 'negative' story...

i hope we will play SEA in the future and i hope we will have a STRONG win

I think I'll just repeat this quote.

I guess I'll follow the "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all" mantra.

I for one greatly appreciated HeWhoIsNowDeadToMe. He looked good right away in his 1st rookie camp and contributed greatly on the field to Pats Ws. He was a hard worker and good locker room guy from what I heard. His fellow players will miss his positive attitude.

Requesat In Pacem

Deion was a good kid and I wish he wasn't gone. I don't blame the Pats for not giving into his demands because he is overpaid, but I can't hold it against him to get the best deal possible for himself either.

I'm glad he isn't trashing people on the way out of town like some others have done, and wish him well in the future. Too bad it worked out this way.

I loved Deion Branch and I will, in time, just remember the good times - the afc championship against pitt when he scored on an end around and waved goodbye to the crowd, the super bowl mvp , being among the top memories.

I really hate to see him go and thought he was a terrific patriot. in time, when I look back, I'll think fondly of him.

but right now, I still have too much disgust with what he's done and the positions he's taken and what he's done to this team and I will continue to feel resentment for awhile.

On the one hand, if he does well in seattle, I won't hate it. I don't think he's the worst person on earth. but on the other hand, after this horrible ordeal, I have trouble thinking highly of him, and can't say I'd be disappointed when he struggles. I guess it really doesn't matter anymore.

I'll say this, the other side of the coin is not right either. those that think we should all just wish him well and not be upset are missing the boat on what went on and what was done to this team.

hopefully, winning will make us forget all of this.

bye bye branch, and when you cross the middle of our secondary, don't be going down prematurely. heh heh heh

I caught Deion's interview on the NFL Network. He was sincere and almost lost it a few times. The regard his teammates and opponents hold him in speak volumes. I'll always remember him by that catch against Pittsburgh where he just ripped it out of the defensive players hands. Without him that day, we don't go to the Superbowl. Thanks for your giving 100% every time you stepped onto the field. Good luck in your career.

Wow, I must say I am surprised by most of the responses in this thread. When I first saw the title I thought this thread would go over as well as a pile of Sh!t burning in a paper bag on your front porch. But the majority of folks have actually handled this in a classy way.

With that said I will refrain from giving my 0.02 about the topic. :D

I'll miss Deion. I remember seeing him live for the first time in San Diego in 2002. Troy Brown just had a 16 catch game the week prior, but got hurt and missed the Chargers game. Didn't matter. The rook from Louisville caught 13 balls in a tough loss. I remember watching him live in Oakland that November, surrounded by bitter Raider fans treating this game as the Tuck Rule Revenge game. In what was an otherwise awful game, I enjoyed the fans around me all mutter, "Oh sh*t!" as Branch got way behind All-Pro Charles Woodson on a Brady bomb...unfortunately they followed that up with "whew!" as the ball was overthrown. I remember Branch torching Ricky Manning Jr. just before the half in SB38, effectively ending the guy's 15 minutes of fame he earned with his 3 picks vs. Philly. I remember his catch on the penultimate play of SB38's game-winning drive...one of the most beautifully drawn up plays I've ever seen. I remember his jaw-dropping 3rd quarter vs. Philly in SB39 and his snagging of a sure INT from Sheldon Brown in the 4th quarter. I remember him being the focus of the gameplan vs. Denver in last year's playoffs and coming through...wishing that others on O had done the same.

Maybe after all these years of watching pro sports I've become numb to the power struggle between management and players. Or maybe I'm still basking in the glow of 3 Lombardis and don't let the off-the-field issues bother me as much as they used to. Was I disappointed in Branch's behavior that led to his departure? Sure, but not as much as many posters here. I get my Pats enjoyment from watching what happens on the field. I appreciate Deion for providing much of that enjoyment for the past 4 seasons.

Regards,
Chris

Last edited:
Here's my personal take on the situation:

Say you and 3 other buddies are planning on going to a Pats game so you try to find a set of 4 tickets at a price that everyone agrees on (say, $150 each). You pay the whole amount for the tickets at the agreed-upon price, but the best you could do was nosebleeds. Upon learning this, one of your buddies reneg's on his agreement and says he won't go to the game with those seats.

So at this point you are stuck with one available ticket and you're out $150 that your friend promised to pay you. Of course you could find somebody else to go, but it may be somebody you don't know as well and likely somebody not willing to pay the $150 the other guy promised to pay.

Then you come to find out that your friend found another group going to the game, and the group had an extra available ticket in the lower level for guess what? $150. So your friend decides to go with them instead, figuring he got a better deal FOR HIMSELF while he didn't honor his commitment to his original group.

So you're the Pats, Branch is the "friend", Branch's original contract is the agreement, the other group is the Seahawks, the 2 contract offers are the nosebleed/lower level seats and Reche Caldwell is the guy you end up having to take with you that only paid you $100.

Now how much would you appreciate the "friend" who didn't pay up the $150 for the ticket like he promised?!?!?!!?

I sure wouldn't "wish him well" in his new seats with his new group, I would hope he sits next to some drunk guy who spills beer all over him and then pukes on him.

Just my 2 cents :)

I think how DB left sucks--but looking past that i wish him the best. From everything i heard he was a class act all the way. (remember the story of him calling all his previous coaches the night before the superbowl to thank them) I wish all had gotten worked out and he was in a pats uniform--but i trust BB so let's move on!

He did a lot of great things for the team. For that we should be grateful to him. Best of luck to Deion.

I sincerely wish Deion and his family all the best and congradulate him on the security for his family and friends that he just acquired. On the field, I hope he continues to excell and show the fans of Seattle why we fell in love with the guy. As for his team, I hope they lose every game this season and we end up with the first overall pick.

But seriously: Good luck, Deion.

(And for the idiots who didn't graduate from Derrick Zoolander School For Kids Who Can't Read Good, this isn't the thread to debate or bash Deion. It's an appreciation thread. You know, for those of us who aren't mindless ogres that decry all things non-Patriots?)

From the outside, just watching as a big fan of the passing game, he was incredible.

What shocks me is there are Patriot fans who do not know that.

Somewhere in his first 4 or 5 games as a rookie he had a 13-catch game...as a rookie.

He was the best natural WR in 2002 draft, and now he has two rings and the money. Dynamite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes