PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion as in Sanders..on Vick...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bomb sniffing dogs searched the courthouse. Ironic that a dog is used to prevent an incident that could harm M. Vick.

The Police Dogs Union chief said they are working under protest.

He did not give the impression that dog fighting wasn't really a big deal. He gave the impression that we need to put the same passion in bringing those to justice who commit heinous crimes on dogs as those who commit heinous crimes against humans. He did make it seem as if Vick was expressing his manhood, and he also said that that's WRONG.

He said what Vick did was wrong, stupid, and immature, in clear reference to the dog fighting ring. You are the one saying nonsense like "Calling Vick dumb had more to do with getting caught." That is 100% seeing what you want to see, when that isn't the case. You are just making stuff up at this point to try and make your argument.

He is speaking on the subject because he writes for that newspaper. You should read his article from the week before where he rips that cracker Kobe Bryant.

I disagree with your POV on this, period.

Deion is an idiot. He also tried to downplay TOs spitting incident. I have no idea if its race or not, but he has a group of people that he feels are above little things like 'rules'. He may say 'bad player', when they do something he can't gloss over, but always with a light touch, and always with an excuse. And of course he never drops them, or says he will until they change their ways.

The other issue about dog fighting that really hasn't been raised is how it impacts everyday people and those who are not involved. I read an article about it quite a while ago, and besides the horrible things that they do to the dogs that fight, is what they do to other animals.

They train the dogs to fight, attack and kill, by using other 'disposable' animals. Ones that aren't worth anything in terms of fighting, like family pets, strays, and even animals from pounds who don't care where their charges go. They also can use wildlife they trap.

What they do is put cats, smaller dogs and other animals in burlap bags, and then bait the fighting dog to attack, and destroy the animal in the bag. They use the bags so their valuable fighting dog won't get wounded by the other animal trying to save its life. So if you have ever lost an animal its possible that it was taken by dogfighters or those who procure training animals for dogfighters. Of course your pet may have been lost, hit by a vehicle or taken by a wild animal, but its also possible it was napped by those looking for training material. The whole enterprise is so shadowy that they really don't know how big it is, and where its going on.

In terms of Vick:

1. His name was on the property
2. They dug up 17-30 dead dogs on his property, animals that can be necropsied to see how they died
3. He ran a 'legal' kennel to breed pit bulls - the Web site referenced Moonlight Road, which is the property he owned, where he said he had never been.
4. They took around 60 live dogs in various conditions off the property.
5. They found dog fighting stuff at the house.

All of these are facts that can't be changed by saying that someone is lying, or that it didn't really happen. It has passed out of the realm of 'he said' 'she said'. Innocent is way behind in the rearview mirror. They only thing left for the legal process is to determine how much personal involvement Vick had. It can go from nothing to complete hands on. But for his image his name and his ability to ever play in the NFL it almost doesn't matter. He will always and forever be known now as 'dogkiller'. If he pleads out, or turns others over and avoids jail, or even if he is acquitted, then he will be another OJ, who also won in court, but will always be a pariah.

I keep seeing the talking heads talk about how Vick will always get heat from PETA or the humane society, they just don't get it. It has gone beyond the pressure groups that are often on the fringe, it is regular people who feel this way. People who have dogs and kids, and love them both, and don't want anything to do with a 'dogkiller' in any form.

Its not about race, its not about money, its not about star power or fame, it is viscerally about the same as taking the word dog in those indictments and substituting the word 'baby'. No amount of smoke and mirrors or legal magic, or excuses or time or money will ever make it disappear.

I hated Peion so much when he was playing I cheered when he got his eye socket fractured,and was rolling around on the field .It was a great thing to see I think the hit also fractured his jaw because i don't think he could talk after either. And for peion that would truely be torture.

Last edited:
Read whatever you like, I've seen enough of Deion to know what he stands for and what his motives are
BWareofDWare didn't read what he liked. He read what Deion wrote.

You are the one adding things that Deion never said, implied or even hinted at.

You can have all the issues with race that you want, that doesn't mean others share your views. When they say it's about race, that is how they feel.

And stop saying you "guarantee" that Sanders would do or say this or that. You need to look up guarantee in the dictionary. What you mean is based on what you believe, you think Deion would ...

BWareofDWare didn't read what he liked. He read what Deion wrote.

You are the one adding things that Deion never said, implied or even hinted at.

You can have all the issues with race that you want, that doesn't mean others share your views. When they say it's about race, that is how they feel.

And stop saying you "guarantee" that Sanders would do or say this or that. You need to look up guarantee in the dictionary. What you mean is based on what you believe, you think Deion would ...

Really? I'm not the only here, on finheaven and the Billszone that disgree with you.

Fugettabout Mr. Bad Haircut, here's Tom Curran quoting some Hotlanta players (with a Pats' twist no less):
http://www.nbcsports.com/tomcurran/blog/2007/07/post_3.html
Falcons Flap Gums

FLOWERY BRANCH, GEORGIA - There were protesters at the gates and plane circling overhead that suggested the Falcons change their name to "Dogkillers."

Under that bad moon, the Bobby Petrino Era really began in Atlanta with the first practice of training camp. In hot but not ridiulous weather, the Falcons went for two hours.

When they were done, they trotted out seven players to do the "all is well" routine.

Here's the good, the bad and the stupid from those press conferences.

THE GOOD
-----
LAWYER MILLOY: "It's about how you as a team approach it. Do you say 'woe is me'? (Coach Petrino) gave a couple examples, one that I know personally. There were some injuries that happened to a team, major injuries. And an individual that was ready behind that injured player came in and the team rallied behind that player. Ultimately the team went on to be successful and won a championship. And that individual has had the best first five years of his career of any player in history."

BUMP'nRUN VIEW: I know who it was. Aaron Brooks and the 2002 Saints, right? Am I right? Actually, it was the 2001 Patriots. Good story by Petrino and Milloy although Drew Bledsoe came by his sheared artery honestly during a game while Mike Vick singlehandedly tore the heart out of these Falcons in his spare time.

We'll get you back with the rest soon....have to catch a flight to Jacksonville at 10:40....

Ah, yeah... and the real beauty of that little homily is that if the Falcons had a Brady waiting in the wings, he's in Houston now.

PFnV

I would say Favre, to be more historical (they traded Favre to Green Bay way back when)

Last edited:
Ah, yeah... and the real beauty of that little homily is that if the Falcons had a Brady waiting in the wings, he's in Houston now.

PFnV
Chris Redman. :D

Joey Harrington = not so great white hope.

Joey Harrington = not so great white hope.

What the hell is that supposed to mean? That Vick was their great "black" hope? Sheesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back