Deion and Bam Childress

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by aabtec, Aug 31, 2006.

1. aabtec

aabtec On the Game Day Roster

What happens to Deion's value if Bam has a great year. I wonder if the league will look at him like he is a system WR. That any wr playing with Brady will look great.

2. mcbee

mcbee Banned

Good point. We can only hope. Be great on both counts, Bam having great year and Branch getting his just desserts.

3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Disable Jersey

But that is demonstrably NOT true, e.g. Bethel Johnson, David Terrell and who was that big name FA WR who was a stiff and couldn't learn the system? Ah, the vaunted Donald Hayes.

4. RAWKY

RAWKY On the Roster

I think there is little chance of anyone thinking Branch is a system WR ....

Branch's greatest assets are his BIG game play and YAC both of which are personal attributes that will come out in any system....

Branch may not be a top ten reciever but he is a PLAYER who can and has made a difference in big games.

5. Johnny Z

Johnny Z Practice Squad Player

Not every WR who plays for Tom Brady looks great.

I laugh at people who think systems can get open and catch passes.

6. belichickaholic

belichickaholic On the Game Day Roster

I'm more interested in seeing how Givens does with Tennesee.

7. TNPatsFan

TNPatsFan Practice Squad Player

I'll be watching him every week and I'm anxious to see it. I predict he won't do a whole lot. I think he played a little bit in the first preseason game and didn't have any catches. Hasn't played since.

8. Brownfan80

Brownfan80 In the Starting Line-Up

I'll be watching Givens like a hawk also. I think he'll be a very good indicator of whether or not the QB makes the WR on the Patriots roster.