PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deflategate is not about PSI, NYJ, CBA...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
If all the worlds best athletes refuse to play in the NFL I will gladly sign up for that league minimum half million a year. I'll sign a phone book of waivers saying I won't sue as well. And there will be about 100 million other people in line to do the same.

And that's why the NFL isn't going anywhere unless they actually make it illegal to play football. Considering there's about ten thousand other jobs considerably more dangerous, where people get killed, that pay a fraction as much I would say focusing on the NFL is pretty silly.

I fully understand your point about "until after high school" and I understand your position re: "rampart corruption" and when BB and TB are gone so are you. IMO, as of today, you are in the minority leaving with BB and TB. I sincerely hope you fond something to replace the NFL elsewhere. I am a NFL and NHL fans and couldn't imagine what might replace them, maybe professional soccer. Good luck

I don't believe he's in the minority. I'm sure NBA or Bulls fans were convinced that the NBA would still be relevant without Jordan. When he retired, so did half of the fan-base. Jordan was magic, the best to ever play the game, he had crossover appeal, he was a real superstar. Most people watching the NBA were closet Jordan fans, they wanted to see him succeed or they wanted to see him fail. That is what Brady is for the NFL and that is why he is must-see TV.

There is no other star in the NFL with Brady's appeal. It was the NFL's intention to attack and frame Brady, this had nothing to do with Belichick or Spygate. Goodell fined the team and took draft picks as a PR stunt, he knew this case against Brady had no legs to stand on. If the NFL wanted Belichick, Wells would've never exonerated him in the report, he could've used the same BS assumption that Belichick too was "at least generally aware..." of the situation, but he didn't. They went after Brady because of fans love/hate relationship with him, we want to see Brady succeed or we want to see him fail.

This deflategate case is a prime example. This isn't a lead story on CNN, in an attempt to pull in viewers, if Brady wasn't involved. That sketch artist isn't newsworthy, if she screwed up a sketch of any other QB, not named Brady. NFL has made millions of dollars off of deflategate and will continue to make millions of more in Brady's redemption story (on the field) this season, might even make a film on Lifetime, while to media make a big deal out of the actor being cast to play Brady. Garappolo is suddenly all of the sports-news channels, from his mother to his high-school football coach. Curtis Painter never got this kind of coverage. They are going to have to milk every dime from Brady's final seasons as they can, because when the GOAT hangs it all up, the NFL is going to crumble into the same irrelevant crumbs as the NBA and MLB. They will still have fans, but they won't be dominating the sporting world anymore. I guess the WWE will rise back up and take the cake. Just watch and see...

How'bout a movie based on this?
Good Guy gets to play.

By Kerry J. Byrne (@footballfacts)

Now that Tom Brady transcripts have been released, let the Cold, Hard Football Facts summarize for you the entire DeflateGate controversy in 5 quick bullet points:

1) DeflateGate was fabricated by the NFL, based upon accusations by and apparent collaboration between two teams that can't beat the Patriots, the Ravens and the Colts. It was fueled by NFL executive Mike Kensil, a man who spent many years as a senior front-office executive with another Patriots whipping boy, the New York Jets.

2) The story, including faulty information from Kensil, was blown up by NFL allies in the media, including Bob Kravitz of the Indy Star, who covers a team that can't beat the Patriots, and Chris Mortensen of ESPN, who fed the nation a story that stood in contradiction to facts admitted by the NFL.

He only just retracted the story this week, seven months later.

3) The NFL's entire case against Brady is based upon innocuous texts about Brady instructing a ball boy to take care of the footballs ... like any QB would say at any time to any ball boy; and by the belief that a ball boy could rummage through a big netted bag and deflate 12 footballs to Brady's exact specifications in just 90 seconds in a cramped stadium bathroom.

Many of the accusations made by the NFL, meanwhile, are easily explained by science, including the Ideal Gas Law, which NFL executives admitted they knew nothing about before accusing Brady of wrongdoing; and by the fact that NFL game officials have admitted that balls lose air pressure during games.

Keep in mind, this entire time, the NFL found that the Colts ALSO played the AFC title game with footballs that measured under the legal limit. The league simply ignored the fact that 3 of 4 Colts footballs measured under the hallowed 12.5 PSI (upon which the NFL tells us rests the integrity of the game), as if the rules applied to only one team.

4) There is NO proof, no video, no audio, no document, no text, no email, no admission, no data, no communication, no record of any kind that shows that Tom Brady had any role in illegally doctoring footballs so that they were below legal guidelines. None. This proof does not exist. ****, there is barely any evidence of wrongdoing by Brady, let alone a smoking gun.

5) The legal world has a term for a person against whom no proof of wrongdoing exists: "Innocent."

And for all this, Gridiron Godfather Roger Goodell and the mighty NFL endeavored to destroy the reputation of one of its all-time great players. In doing so, the NFL chiseled away at the foundation of its own integrity ... apparently without realizing it.

Nice job, NFL.

For Goodell, meanwhile, sounds like he'll soon learn what the Colts, Ravens, Jets and others have long known: trying to take down Tommy is a fatal mistake.

Ironically, I think seeing what's happening to Brady right now would provide more incentive for parents not to let their kids play organized football than the concussion issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes