PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deflate-hate has been milked for all it's worth, so we're on to Chip Kelly's racism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATS16N0

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Here's Chip Kelly dealing with a hailstorm of racism accusations which basically originated with ESPN.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...o-lesean-mccoy-s-race-comments-173203072.html

This narrative has been built in the fantasyland bizarro universe of American sports media for awhile now. I predict it'll continue to gain steam. Any time a player with a bad attitude is released, he'll take to twitter, call Chip a racist, and ESPN will start launching segments about Chip's `pattern of racism`.

Now before we go off the deep end, and turn this discussion into one about racism and global warming, you should know that it's about neither, so don't bother. It's about media. It's about ESPN. It's about Deflate-hate, Spygate, BountyGate, and now ChipKellyIsAKKKmemberGate. This is about `Tom Brady is in decline,` 0r `no longer a top 5 quarterback.`

It's about ESPN intentionally trying to engineer QB controversies in Cleveland when there wasn't any, just because they thought Manziel would bring in more money for THEM than Hoyer would, regardless of what it would mean for the Browns and their ticket buying fan base.

The `racist` Eagles are the new `cheating` Patriots.

We could take the low road and, if the Eagles turn into something, just say "racist, racist, racist," like we've always heard "cheater, cheater, cheater," but I'd rather use the absurdity of this to educate more NFL fans on how the media has ****ing killed us. Like Deflate-Hate, it's a rather clear example of the media just making **** up then stirring up huge controversies with their fabricated inventions. I thought after Steven A Smith levied this accusation against him, it would just be forgotten as a moment of ******ed First Take trolling, of which there has been plenty. How foolish of me to under estimate how vile and shameless ESPN is.

We've now reached the point where Chip is getting barraged with questions about it as if he's committed some sort of heinous crime. All he's actually done is begin utilizing the Belichick-like levels of authority he's gained over the Eagles to implement his long term vision for the franchise, which apparently ESPN has decided to turn into a racism scandal.

Before you ask, no, there really isn't any limit to how low these people will go. In fact, if you were going to ask, you've probably been living under a rock for awhile. Media is ****ing slime.

I don't watch college football, but I was convinced Chip Kelly was going to be one of the next great NFL minds after reading about his influence over our 2012 hurry up rushing attack. Hope he, the owner and the Eagles locker room can tune out the noise because this is a real narrative the scum of the American people (media) is building against him. Even if it subsides, i've seen how they function enough with their Patriot narratives to know it'll be brought back and continued and developed every opportunity our deranged media gets.

Watch. Watch and see.

Good luck, Chip, you ****ing racist.

I enjoyed Chip Kelly's response to the racism. :)

He should be suspended for the season and they should lose a 1st rounder... after a four month investigation/witch hunt :p

I would love it if Deflategate has lost its steam. But it hasn't run its course yet.

On Chip Kelly, McCoy, apparently still stinging over the trade to the Bills, called him a racist by implication. Not really ambiguous. Not really manufactured. Kelly was called out by his former player. Racism claims often have that effect. But Kelly has been labeled an offensive genius, and the media has been fascinated by his personnel moves based on a fairly unprecedented and massive overhaul of his roster, to include the trade of its star running back. Everything I have seen on Kelly appear to be flattering and more intrigue than condemnation, other than relaying the butt hurt of McCoy, who has his own star power.

Deflategate was powered by a fabricated media leak that has been debunked, and it only got stronger from there. I have no read much flattering news directed to the Patriots. Much of the news directed to the Pats and Brady has been condemnation.

I have no great love for the national media (there was a link here on the 24-hour news cycle on ESPN and how it creates its own news with its own quotes that I don't want to expend the energy to find as I care little for ESPN), but the two issues seem different in flavor.

More probable than not. "Don't put yourself in the position to be perceived as a racist and we won't take your picks again."

It's a fair summary.

ESPN won't change until people start switching off.

Its the same as the people who continuously subject themselves to various Boston media outlets which are filled with petty and vindictive rhetoric - and then come here to complain about it (including a link to said rhetoric, of course).

The media in general (not just sports media) will only change their M.O if people vote with their subscriptions and hit them in the wallet - no amount of complaining will work as negative clicks/hits are still valuable.

The thing is, the media has the 'masses' pretty well worked out at this point - even if they scrape the proverbial barrel still the viewers come....maybe they know something about 'us' that we can't admit to ourselves.

"Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain"

Last edited:
I can't stand how some media people get away with putting it out there without really putting it out there.

For example, Steven A. Smith has been doing the whole "I'm not saying Chip Kelly is racist, buuuuuuuuuuuuut.........." routine for 3 months now.

I can't stand how some media people get away with putting it out there without really putting it out there.

For example, Steven A. Smith has been doing the whole "I'm not saying Chip Kelly is racist, buuuuuuuuuuuuut.........." routine for 3 months now.

people who keep bringing up race are, by definition, racist.

It's a big deal. It's damaging to the organization painting a picture of racism which hinders Phillys ability to lure in free agents. Which in turn hurts the overall product and the fans.

Although Goodell, Wells and Kensil are the stupidest ****s on the planet, we all know the most damaging ammo was the false report that was never corrected by the NFL. Probably on purpose which was ESPNs Chris Mortenson's false reporting on the psi of the balls. The defaming article/shady reporting shaped public opinion on day 1. I will be highly interested to see who Mortenson's source was if it goes to federal court.

It's really no different than Deflategate. What's happening in the NFL this offseason is but a microcosm of what's happening in this country. Deflategate is just another example of America's massive inferiority complex and accusations of racism are mostly akin to calling someone a witch in Salem during the 1600's. Move along, my friend. Nothing to see here.

I just don't understand how replacing a black running back with another black running back is racist? Help me out guys

It's not. Now, seeing racism is every little thing in life regardless or whether or not race was the driving force IS racist, however.

ESPN always has a "soap opera" tucked away in a drawer ready for release at a moment's notice...and since The Lebron Network is experiencing a Lebron Lull while waiting for for the NBA finals.... nothing stirs the pot more than a fabricated race controversy. Stephen A Smith's contract requires twelve race related controversies per calendar year and it is the end of the month....so let's empty out that drawer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back