Defensive Tackle talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
News - Still a game - Cincinnati Bengals
If you want to know about those very impressive North defensive tackles, you only have to go to Wood:

B.J. Raji, 6-1, 335, Boston College: "We've got the same agent and I work out with him in California. He's having a great week. When we were watching SportsCenter on ESPN tonight, a feature on him came up and I couldn't be happier for him.

"You have to make sure you keep your balance with him. He's so explosive and uses his strength so well. What he's really good at is rushing the passer. That's why he's getting a lot of attention. A lot of tackles can plug the hole, but the pass rushers are the moneymakers. A guy like that, the only thing you're trying to do is block him. Just block him."

Ron Brace, 6-2, 330, Boston College: "He's almost as powerful as B.J. and almost as effective. He's not quite as active, but he's a powerful guy that likes to two-gap you and plug it up."

Ziggy Hood, 6-3, 295, Missouri: "He's quick. He's got decent pass-rush moves. You can't ever extend yourself against him or he'll embarrass you."

Mitch King, 6-1, 280, Iowa: "He plays real well with his hands and he's pretty powerful."

Plus, there is Pittsburgh linebacker Scott McKillop, another guy Wood knows well because they are also represented by agent David Dunn and are roommates when they train in California. "He's always by the ball or making the tackle," Wood said.

memphis DT clinton mcdonald played in the east west shrine game.......during the practices, he simply proved too quick for OL's

this guy is 6'3"/285 and has run the 40 as fast as 4.68 (faster than many LB's)....some websites don't even list this guy, but he had 7 sacks this past season.....one website even lists him at DE

the fatter, the stronger, the nastier the better if we can't resign wilfork.

i think we can resign wilfork, and he's plenty fatstrongnasty enough for me.

interesting read on Raji, i'll be interested in where he goes.

memphis DT clinton mcdonald played in the east west shrine game.......during the practices, he simply proved too quick for OL's

this guy is 6'3"/285 and has run the 40 as fast as 4.68 (faster than many LB's)....some websites don't even list this guy, but he had 7 sacks this past season.....one website even lists him at DE
I've watched him on at least one game, he's quick, but he doesn't seem to have the strength at the point of attack.

I've watched him on at least one game, he's quick, but he doesn't seem to have the strength at the point of attack.

yeah.......he might be weak against the run.....so is jarvis green......but mcdonald will come at the minimum

Does anybody here think that BB knows as this point in time whether he can resign Wright, if indeed BB wants to keep Wright?

I say that because with 1 FA DL this year and 3 next year, BB has some work to do in this dept either by way of resigning or restocking.

And then there is DE Jackson of LSU. A 3-4 DE (clone of Warren if you will) sitting there as a late first or early seocnd rounder.

BB does love his big talented DE's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye