PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensive radio headsets, interesting but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
they plan to propose that only one player can wear it for the whole game. In todays football there are only a few players on the defensive side who are actually in for every play, never mind the fact that if that player gets hurt they can't switch the headset. I guess a safety or corner plays the most in the Pats system? Would this also put a target on the guy that wears the headset? If your an OLineman would someone like Mawae say to himself "I can give my team even more of an advantage by just not hurting this guy but making sure they don't have the headset for the game."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2380489

Last edited:
Interesting idea..had never heard of that..but I agree...a target!! I think that may have to change..if a player is out injured..why should the headset not be transfered??? If a QB goes out his replacement gets a head set..no??

FWIW, if the Pats had to choose, Vrabel would be a good choice. As one of the articles about him noted, there's always a role for him on D.

You'd have to give it to Bruschi. He's the General out there and plays every down.

Willie55 said:
You'd have to give it to Bruschi. He's the General out there and plays every down.
Depends how many downs he'll be playing. He wasn't in all the time last year and now he's a year older. A year later after the stroke, maybe he'll play all the time but I would think someone who plays as many plays as possible would be the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes