Welcome to PatsFans.com

Defensive radio headsets, interesting but...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsRI, Mar 23, 2006.

1. PatsRI

PatsRI PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

they plan to propose that only one player can wear it for the whole game. In todays football there are only a few players on the defensive side who are actually in for every play, never mind the fact that if that player gets hurt they can't switch the headset. I guess a safety or corner plays the most in the Pats system? Would this also put a target on the guy that wears the headset? If your an OLineman would someone like Mawae say to himself "I can give my team even more of an advantage by just not hurting this guy but making sure they don't have the headset for the game."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2380489

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Interesting idea..had never heard of that..but I agree...a target!! I think that may have to change..if a player is out injured..why should the headset not be transfered??? If a QB goes out his replacement gets a head set..no??

3. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,252 / 18 / -8

#3 Jersey

FWIW, if the Pats had to choose, Vrabel would be a good choice. As one of the articles about him noted, there's always a role for him on D.

4. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You'd have to give it to Bruschi. He's the General out there and plays every down.

5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +705 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Depends how many downs he'll be playing. He wasn't in all the time last year and now he's a year older. A year later after the stroke, maybe he'll play all the time but I would think someone who plays as many plays as possible would be the best choice.