PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensive Play of the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
No one has credited Geno for hustling and eventually running down and tackling McGahee. On other teams that would have been a walk-in TD. Because he did it twenty yards or so from the endzone, people weren't comparing it to the hustle play by Watson against Denver last playoffs.

That was the defensive play of the game, IMHO.

Geno played a nice game yesterday. Also deserving of props - Willie Andrews for a nice little play on S/T's - made the first hit, scrambled to his feet and eventually wrapped up the runner.

Geeno should be given extra credit for that play cuz he has a bad hamstring yet he still ran his brains out.

Agreed, I for one was surprised to see Geno even able to catch up to McGahee, given his bum hammy and the angle he was playing.

That defensive stand set the tone for the game; we weren't going to allow Buffalo to keep pace with us, even is they can bust out the big play every now and then.

Not necessarily a play but it was encouraging to see Harrison blitzing from various positions on the field. Bringing him up to the line of scrimmage forces the offense to make adjustments and shift protection. When he went out last year they played 2 safeties back almost the entire season, very predictable and even with 2 safeties they still got torched. Bringing him up to the LOS adds more blitz packages to the mix and shows confidence in their pass coverage. This is very encouraging to see this so early in the year, they can utilize various blitzes depending on the match ups.

zippo59 said:
Geeno should be given extra credit for that play cuz he has a bad hamstring yet he still ran his brains out.
Yeah, I like Gino. Impressive to see Gino chase him down. Should have been 7-7, great effort considering the hammy problems. Btw when he got re injured, was he holding his hamstring for a second or was that just me?

Kdo5 said:
Yeah, I like Gino. Impressive to see Gino chase him down. Should have been 7-7, great effort considering the hammy problems. Btw when he got re injured, was he holding his hamstring for a second or was that just me?

From where I was sitting it looked like there was definately an issue with his leg, but he got up and walked off under his own power, even lightly jogging as he got to the sideline. My guess (hope) is that he just tweaked the hammy again, and they didn't want to put him back into a game that we were controlling at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back