Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

How are the areas of the defense playing?

• D-Line is playing better

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • D-Line is playing the same

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • D-Line is playing worse

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • LBs are playing better

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • LBs are playing the same

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • LBs are playing worse

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • DBs are playing better

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • DBs are playing the same

• DBs are playing worse

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In reading a few of the threads today, it seems clear that there's a diversity of thought about where the team is at right now. So I thought it was time for a few polls. Let's start:

How would you rate the progress of the levels of the defense?

It's hard for me to assess the DL because of all the injuries. We played great against Buffalo given who we had to play. Hopefully that will give us some added experience when it comes to the postseason.

The secondary has struggled the past 4 games compared with it's performance over the first 10, particularly the safeties. McGowan as tailed off tremendously, and Meriweather has regressed from his all-pro start.

It's hard for me to assess the DL because of all the injuries. We played great against Buffalo given who we had to play. Hopefully that will give us some added experience when it comes to the postseason.

The secondary has struggled the past 4 games compared with it's performance over the first 10, particularly the safeties. McGowan as tailed off tremendously, and Meriweather has regressed from his all-pro start.

I agree with your assessment in reference to the secondary play. I remember we were all buzzing about the value we were receiving from Mcgowan. Not so much as of late. I want to make excuses for meriweather but i've got nothing maybe he needs to spend more time in the film room breaking down tendencies idk. the corner play has gone from mediocre to poor to mediocre and back to poor. So we will have to wait and see with our young core back there.

The DL to me have been the worst unit on this team just because of the pass rushing lanes they almost always fail to create. which causes a domino effect making our LB core look even slower when they are attacking the pocket. Burgess is finally showing signs with his hands down which is good because we could use his speed and savvy on the outside. Wilfork is the best D- Lineman we have and it is evident.

I would like us to address this DL in the upcoming draft even more than OLB as well as the 3rd WR situation. When the offense doesn't extend drives this weighs heavily on the defensive unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back