PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensive end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deaderick is a top talent. Lewis and Warren should will also be tried at DE. Among the three, there should be someone to share reps with Wright and backup Warren.

Even if they all don't make the team, two of the three should be able to complete the DE rotation and help out inside.
===================[/QUOTE]

Deaderick is a top talent.

What am I missing? Why was he available in round 7? I bow he got shot, but he was cleared to play in game 1.

Unless I'm missing something, calling him a top talent and G. Warren a JAG is pretty imprecise language.

This is probably crazy...

But if Adalius Thomas is staying with us why not move him to DE?

Won't happen for two reasons.

1) AD is a gonner.
2) In a 4-3, maybe. In a 3-4 no way.

we now know that mike wright, and ty warren, will start. at defensive end. in the base 3-4.

who backs them up ?

can Myron Pryor, be a spot starter at DE or is Damione Lewis, the best back up right now. do they add a vet for dept later on ?

I think you'll see somebody added to the team between now and the first game. This uncapped year is the one time where teams can unload high priced talent without taking a cap hit. This is going to be the one offseason where the talent level of players free to sign with any team is going to be higher than before.

I have no doubt that we are going to love this team going into the season.

What am I missing? Why was he available in round 7? I bow he got shot, but he was cleared to play in game 1.

Unless I'm missing something, calling him a top talent and G. Warren a JAG is pretty imprecise language.

People are trying to talk themselves off the 'no depth at DE' edge. The fact is players like Warren and Lewis were chosen late so a lot of teams (even the Pats) passed on them for some reason. You just have to hope those question marks turn into positive answers

Last season they rotated all defensive linemen for rest and for situations. They will do the same this season. Using terms like starter is absurd in this situation. Could we use an upgrade at 3-4 DE? Of course. Right now we have two dominant players to eat blockers. We also have a load of guys that can either push the pocket or stop the run. I also expect another vet to be signed. It's easier when a player has his spont locked down and we don't have to worry about that position anymore. That isn't reality though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back