PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensive Backfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I've read since camp has begun. His biggest saving grace may end up being the large cap hit he will cost the team if cut.

To elaborate, all we've read about in camp is how Springs hasn't been able to show anything because he's hardly on the field. I realize the cap hit may help him make the team. However, there are locks to make the team, those that we doubt will make the team, and then bubble players. Springs is no lock to make the team.

I'm not going to go through old articles over the past many weeks. I will post the latest, from this morning's Herald:

Five things to watch - BostonHerald.com

"4.Will Shawn Springs play against his former team?

"One veteran free agent signing at cornerback has locked down a spot and been impressive. That’s Leigh Bodden. What about the other one? Shawn Springs has missed far more practices than he’s made, leaving his playing status constantly in doubt. The former Redskin should have had a celebrated homecoming tonight, but he hasn’t worked out all week. He may not even play. His performance was solid against Cincinnati, but that only raises more questions. Has Springs proved his worth during game action, or does he need to become a more dependable practice player to earn trust from the coaches and teammates?"

He may make the team, but I respectfully disagree to the many who think he's a lock.

There is no possible way Springs doesnt make the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes