PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defensive back coverage -- too aggressive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was dirty about a perfectly good cut block? The 49ers also got Bolden with a beauty on the fake punt, he looked like he was climbing out of a four foot hole.
It looked like the 49er launched straight at Dennard's knee to me (but I could be mistaken).

I'm not blaming Arrington for not being good enough to cover Crabtree. As you said, he's a very limited player, and it's the coaching staff's job to know that and account for it. I'm blaming the play call that didn't provide over the top help, because Arrington failing to make that play should have been anticipated.
That's fair Brady, but the staff must have thought the pressure packages they were bringing against Kaepernick were effective (as they were) and continued in that same fashion. The ultimate result was Plaxico 42 like though wasn't it?

You live and you learn. To me, this entire game was a quagmire for the Patriots. It gives further credence to my theory that the Patriots beat the Patriots. The 49ers played the best possible game they could against the Patriots. All credit to them, but I feel confident in a rematch that the Patriots won't turn the ball over 4 times again and commit seppuku.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back