PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense wins in the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this is relevant because even from 01-04, our defense gave up late points in the Superbowl, and it was up to the offense to win it.

Our defense the past 3 years has been dominant. Some here love to cite the offensive stats, but our defensive stats the past recent years have been dominant.

Just like from 01-04, it was up to the offense to actually win the game, but the past 3 years we keep coming up short.

I am challenging the thread title, I think there is general truth to it, but for the Patriots our championships came because the offense pulled through.

Last edited:
I had a good buzz going, until I saw that ******* Moss picture. How could you post such a thing? :[

I do agree that we need to re-emphasize defense in draft and free agency. The past few years we keep burning high draft picks on WR's and RB's who don't pan out. We need to keep McDaniels out of the draft room, and go back to spending high picks on defense and the trench positions.

I do agree that we need to re-emphasize defense in draft and free agency. The past few years we keep burning high draft picks on WR's and RB's who don't pan out. We need to keep McDaniels out of the draft room, and go back to spending high picks on defense and the trench positions.

We're drafting RB's and WR's high, but we need to focus on defense there.

Do you just cut and paste your BS? This is the fourth time you have posted this BS which does nothing but expose how little you actually know about football and this team.

Perhaps we should keep Belichick and Pioli out of the War Room too since Bethel Johnson (Weis was the OC on that pick and McDaniels was still a DEFENSIVE assistant), Chad Jackson (Belichick scouted him himself in his yearly trip down to Florida), and Maroney were their selections. You do realize that the scouting department actually scout players, the OCs have limited say, and Belichick and Pioli are the ones who make the decisions on draft picks. Any failed draft pick falls squarely on Belichick, Pioli, and their scouting department. Not the coordinators.

Last edited:
I always thought having more points won games in the nfl.

Classic bulletin board material to demonstrate what it means by :hijacked:

:eek:

If experienced posters can't resist their temptation to bring out their pet peeves and theories in unrelated threads, how can we sit and moan about the newcomers spoiling the 'quality' of the board?

Don't you realize that every thread should be an opportunity for NEM.... ummm.... maverick to highjack the thread with his "objective" McDaniels bashing. I think it may be time for the moderators to give this guy a time out.

Sorry maverick, I know you have an irrational hate of McDaniels, but not every thread should be an opportunity for you to turn it into a forum for you to post the same tired BS over and over again. You don't even post original material, just cut and paste the same things over and over again.

In what way are you objective?

You keep posting offensive stats while ignoring the stats that prove our defense the past few years has been dominant. You cannot bring yourself to assign any blame to your offensive coordinator God. You are so far up McDaniels' nuts that anything that goes wrong is always someone else's fault or on execution. You sound just like a Colts fan whenever they lose, it's never Peyton's fault for them even though he consistently chokes.

Back to the thread, what we really have been missing is McGinest. He could line up as DE or OLB, was great at pass rush especially in big moments, had great awareness and smarts, and was a leader. Guys like him don't come around very often. Colvin didn't pan out and Adalius seems to be good, but what we need to draft or sign next year is an elite DE/OLB player. Someone like a DeMarcus Ware, if there is anyone like that in the draft next year.

In what way are you objective?

You keep posting offensive stats while ignoring the stats that prove our defense the past few years has been dominant. You cannot bring yourself to assign any blame to your offensive coordinator God. You are so far up McDaniels' nuts that anything that goes wrong is always someone else's fault or on execution. You sound just like a Colts fan whenever they lose, it's never Peyton's fault for them even though he consistently chokes.

Back to the thread, what we really have been missing is McGinest. He could line up as DE or OLB, was great at pass rush especially in big moments, had great awareness and smarts, and was a leader. Guys like him don't come around very often. Colvin didn't pan out and Adalius seems to be good, but what we need to draft or sign next year is an elite DE/OLB player. Someone like a DeMarcus Ware, if there is anyone like that in the draft next year.

LOL! Whatever. I will just let your moronic post that it was McDaniels fault that the Pats drafted Chad Jackson and Laurence Maroney be my response. I don't high jack threads with McDaniels topics. I don't intend to high jack this thread with our little war either. I am done with this BS.

Go ahead and post McDaniels is a Gen X version of Norv Turner or he is the Marino or Manning of OC again. I don't think people have seen those points again. I am tired of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back