PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense Will Carry The Day In 2009 For Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the D ENDS/olbs to get consistent pressure and beat their man

This is pretty simplistic compared to all of the detailed analysis regarding formations and gap assignments out here in the forum. I would have preferred an article that expands upon what we have all been learning about this new look defense. Whether one feels negatively or positively about the D, I think readers are prepped, at least myself, for an explanation with a slant towards Xs and Os. The learning experience in this forum is outstanding and I really feel a greater understanding of the Pats and the game in general.

Talk radio is becoming very boring no matter what station is on.

It really falls on the secondary and their ability to stop the pass.

More...

I ussually like these articles, but this one is terrible.

Does anybody NOT SEE what is being done with our defense? All these moves (this offseason) totally make sense once you do (even the Seymour Trade). What happens on the field is the real question and there will be some "roadbumps", but our defense has the potential to be MUCH stronger that in the last several years.

By the way, it has been widely reported that Seymour received the letter on Thursday, not Friday as the article indicates (hence the Tuesday deadline which is 5 days after Thursday).

Last edited:
I ussually like these articles, but this one is terrible.

Does anybody NOT SEE what is being done with our defense? All these moves (this offseason) totally make sense once you do (even the Seymour Trade). What happens on the field is the real question and there will be some "roadbumps", but our defense has the potential to be MUCH stronger that in the last several years.

I think our defense will be the strongest it has been since the 2003-2004 era. As you say, there will be some "roadbumps" early on, but by midseason I expect it to be running on all 4 cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back