PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense steps up today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say all you want..but the D played a big roll in today's outcome getting what..5 3 and outs?

Good job guys :rocker:

Give me a break. The defense was just as unimpressive and has shown no signs of improvement. It's just that the Jets offense sucks that bad.

When's the last time the Patriots won when losing the turnover battle?

Nice job by the defense. Honestly the jets are lucky they didn't take a beating today. Our receivers had a few key drops and Brady overthrew guys a few times and that kind of stuff basicaly never happens..

Much improved across the board I would say....except for Ighedibo. He still can't get over in time. But the test of the defense was much improved.

Are you serious? Did you watch the whole game? He was my man of the game on D .

edit: Oh it is you! I should have not replied. You made similar blinded post in the match thread. Were you listening on the radio or something? He stopped to huge third downs, stopped I don't know how many runs right in the trenches too for no to small gain.

Last edited:
Give me a break. The defense was just as unimpressive and has shown no signs of improvement. It's just that the Jets offense sucks that bad.

We forced almost as many three and outs today alone as we did in the last four games. That's not unimpressive. That's a vast improvement.

Are you serious? Did you watch the whole game? He was my man of the game on D .

100% agreed...he got burned on the Holmes TD but otherwise was good, and aggressive. Made a nice play on a 3rd down, can't remember which one.

We forced almost as many three and outs today alone as we did in the last four games. That's not unimpressive. That's a vast improvement.

Yes, but look at the competition and the competition's track record this season. The only better game for the Jets offense was the Jacksonville game, and even they forced turnovers. We had little pressure, made Sanchez very comfortable. The run defense was good. Other than that, the intermediate throws are still very much a weakness of this defense and the complete lack of a pass rush is, too.

When's the last time the Patriots won when losing the turnover battle?

This is a great point. I was very concerned about what the outcome would be when we lost the turnover battle, and even more concerned after the debacle in buffalo. Tonight was a very fulfilling victory. ( lol at me for sounding like I actually contributed something to it)

The defense looked much improved today. Apportioning the reasons can wait for tomorrow.

Also, props to BJGE, who ran very well when given plays that suited him, and did the best he could on some questionable calls that were not really called to his strengths.

Yes, but look at the competition and the competition's track record this season. The only better game for the Jets offense was the Jacksonville game, and even they forced turnovers. We had little pressure, made Sanchez very comfortable. The run defense was good. Other than that, the intermediate throws are still very much a weakness of this defense and the complete lack of a pass rush is, too.

The Patriots had two sacks and even more pressures in this game. The pocket was constantly collapsing on Sanchez. The intermediate throws might, unfortunately, be a problem all season because of the safety position. But improvements were certainly made today. I also liked how much Haynesworth stepped up his playing time today.

Last edited:
That and the Jet's offense just reeks.

EXACTLY

Unleash the gods of war on those clowns.

Why is anyone shocked? They did exactly what they should of done.

However, the Jest is not San Diego and they are really not Oakland.

All three games were great gameplans.

Now that the yards are down, who is going moan on points now?

Douche, you out there?

perspective?

Last edited:

Spoken like someone who didn't even watch the game...congrats on your vast football knowledge being shown in this thread

Solid game by the D today. But they really need to start training Arrington at FS.

And Pats D will get EVEN BETTER when full D is out there together. Like last year they will D up better later in season from being ranked last to some where in 12th-15th area.

The Patriots had two sacks and even more pressures in this game. The pocket was constantly collapsing on Sanchez. The intermediate throws might, unfortunately, be a problem all season because of the safety position. But improvements were certainly made today. I also liked how much Haynesworth stepped up his playing time today.

Agreed, it was great to see Haynesworth on the field....however the double team constantly neutralized him and neither Ellis or Carter made any particular headway on their single coverage when next to 92

Agreed, it was great to see Haynesworth on the field....however the double team constantly neutralized him and neither Ellis or Carter made any particular headway on their single coverage when next to 92

Let me guess... you watched the game at a bar?

Spoken like someone who didn't even watch the game...congrats on your vast football knowledge being shown in this thread

The Patriots didn't give up every 3rd down today. No NFL defense should. So improvement? Yes. Improvement to the caliber where this team shows any signs that the D will be good enough to contend for a Super Bowl at the end of the year? No way.

This Jets offense had no business scoring as many points and gaining as many yards as they did today. The Patriots did not force a turnover, which even Jacksonville's abysmal defense did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back