PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense steps up today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Say all you want..but the D played a big roll in today's outcome getting what..5 3 and outs?

Good job guys :rocker:

Much improved across the board I would say....except for Ighedibo. He still can't get over in time. But the test of the defense was much improved.

The Defense did its job today. Whilst we'd all like more by way of stats the Jets had 255 net yards of offense today.

3 and outs are a great indicator ... a good step forward in this rebuilding the D process.

I think 7 3 and outs today. The two long TD drives sucked, I won't fault them for the short one but hell that's the NFL these days. Look at the scores today and see how many teams gave up under 20. If we can start holding teams to 2 long drives and a bunch of 3 and outs we have as good a chance as any to win this thing.

That and the Jet's offense just reeks.

Spikes looked good Powwwww

Much improved across the board I would say....except for Ighedibo. He still can't get over in time. But the test of the defense was much improved.

Ighedibo can't play safety in the NFL. That's ridiculous. If Dowling is healthy, I bet they give Arrington a look back there during the bye.

delighted.

sow it into those jets *****

Defence did really well today! Just need to start putting pressure on the opposing teams WR's.

Ighedibo can't play safety in the NFL. That's ridiculous. If Dowling is healthy, I bet they give Arrington a look back there during the bye.

Arrington or Dowling hopefully. A safety who can make some reads and provide some help would make a huge difference.

Stopped the jets to under 275 yards on O

I think the fact the patriots had alot of ..long drives ..helps our defense ...as the balanced attack..gives them ...time to ..rest up...I think thats the biggest thing to help our defense ... and I think we are just going to get better ..as we get some of our hurt players back...

Last edited:
Gave up 2 scoring drives all game.

How many 3 and outs did we force.

I expect improvement but I'd take that performance any day, given the ST's doesn't screw up again.

Arrington or Dowling hopefully. A safety who can make some reads and provide some help would make a huge difference.

Yeah, I say Arrington because he is more solidly built and I'd rather have our best athlete (Dowling) on the outside.

Did dowling play at all today?

+1

FS safety play needs help but overall much better from our D.

THIS is the defense that I and many others have been wanting to see. Limit the amount of yardage the offense gains, force three and outs, and get the ball back in the offense's hands. I only blame the defense for 14 points in this one and, in times of struggle for our offense, they got the Jets off the field quickly enough for us to have as many chances as possible to score. Improvements still need to be made, but this was a giant step forward for a unit loaded with potential.

Very Solid performance by our D today.

God i was annoyed with that Holmes touchdown we had 2 db's on him. But as a previous poster said... this is the NFL the other team gets paid too and the pats D has been improving gradually every week. Well done today boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes