PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense needs to play angry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats_AZ

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Ravens defense played Angry!! After watching last nights game I have come to 2 conclussions on why the defense seems to have softened the pst couple of games. 1. They have not game planned well for the 2 QBs. I feel that for the Eagles game the team thought that mcknab was likely going to start and did not game plan enough for Feeley. I feel that's why the team was giving him the middle of the field. "We'll stop the run, we'll take away the sidelines, beat us up the middle." They were daring him to throw given the fact that Feeley has not been that effective. well that almost back fired. Last nights game I feel like the Pats came into the game not expecting the Ravens game to be that effective. That paired with the fact that because of what the Eagles did the week before, maybe the Ravens were gonna get pass happy. well that back fired as well. Note, i am no NFL, NCAA, HS or Pop Warner coach. this is all my opinion from what my eyes saw and my brain tells me is what happened. With this said, i wish the spread this week would favor the Steelers. Get the Pats defense Pissed!!

Teams that play angry are prone to stupid mistakes, just like the ones the Ravens made last night - not to mention all the ones they got away with. We likely wouldn't get away with anything since we are playing with an undefeated, run up the score, can't anyone stop them bullseye on our backs.

Playing fundamentally sound and disciplined football on both sides of the ball is all that is required for this team to win. They are tired and they have faced some difficult to game plan for matchups QB wise against teams who are taking chances - and getting away with them - because their season is essentially over. Those kinds of teams always present a difficult matchup. All they are really playing for is the spoiler title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back