Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The defense deserves the majority (OK maybe 52%) of the credit for beating the Colts.

We allowed 20 points to the Colts in their dome.
3 of those we because of a terrible pi call.
7 were after the O turned it over and they started on our 32.
7 more were because of a fluke play at the end of the half. I'm not taking credit away from the Colts for executing the play, but that is a 1 in 100,000 shot, and if it didn'twork, they were ready to call it halftime.

After his first 9 runs, we held Addai to 17 carries for 41 yards. We did this in a nickel defense with 6 of the front 7 playing out of their normal position, which allowed us to take Dallas Clark completely out of the game.

When we scored with 8 minutes left to get to 20-17, the Colt offense was exactly in the position that it always wins games from. Drive, eat clock, extend it to 2 scores. We stopped them, and had plenty of time left and great field position.
Then after we took the lead, again the Colts were in the position they win many games from. Ball in Mannings hand, final drive of the game, win or lose. They never left the gate.

I would be VERY interested in knowing when the last time the Colts offense had BOTH the opportunity to have the ball with a 3 point lead and less than 8 minutes to go, AND down 4 with more than 3 minutes to go, and were stopped BOTH times.
I could easily look back and see how often they have been held to 20, esp at home, but I'd love to see the other issue looked up.

exactly.... I also find it interesting that Merriweather was surpassed on the depth chart by Rashad Baker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots