PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defense fails again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're one of the ones that needs to get pruned. Have you ever tried using logic or reasoning in your entire life?

What are talking about? Here I'm saying that whatever the defense did the entire game didn't matter now because it was a brand new game in overtime but when they needed one stop, they didn't get it and you question my logic? Wow!

Last edited:
You people blasting the defense are pathetic.

Who was out there covering the TE?

Pierre Woods, Gary Guyton, Brandon Merriweather, Jerod Mayo.

All of these kids are very talented. But if you don't realize that rookies and young guys are going to make crucial mistakes, maybe you should do yourself a favor and quit watching right now. Adalius Thomas wasn't out there.

Actually on that play Mike Vrabel was lined up against the TE and he went in for the sack.

It seems we do not have a play in our playbook for 3rd and long where the TE is covered. This has happened far too often over the past few years now.

Yes, but then I'm rational enough to realize the rules of overtime include something known as "sudden death" and something else known as a "coin flip".

You should look them up.

And the defense has something that is known as a "secondary." But the homers can keep blaming coins and rules. That's logical.

Our D F'ed up. That's all. Accept it. That doesn't mean they suck, but they gave up too many plays.

It's a bit ironic that in the gross majority of cases when someone says someone is being illogical, they are displaying a misunderstanding of the word 'logic.'

Q: Who is to blame for the OT loss?
A: The defense!
Q: Ah, but you are being illogical, haven't you ever heard of the coin flip and sudden death?
A: ??? So the coin lost the game for us, our defense played dandy in OT?

Last edited:
What are talking about? Here I'm saying that whatever the defense did the entire game didn't matter now because it was a brand new game in overtime but when they needed one stop, they didn't get it and you question my logic? Wow!

I get it. The problem is that your argument is not logic, it's the absence of logic.

And the defense has something that is known as a "secondary." But the homers can keep blaming coins and rules. That's logical.

Our D F'ed up. That's all. Accept it. That doesn't mean they suck, but they gave up too many plays.

It's a bit ironic that in the gross majority of cases when someone says someone is being illogical, they are displaying a misunderstanding of the word 'logic.'

Q: Who is to blame for the OT loss?
A: The defense!
Q: Ah, but you are being illogical, haven't you ever heard of the coin flip and sudden death?
A: ??? So the coin lost the game for us, our defense played dandy in OT?

You're another one who doesn't know what the hell you're talking about.... It's like a contagion around here.

Here, maybe this will help:

RealClearPolitics - Articles - NFL's Inferior Overtime

Last season, of 11 overtime games, the team winning the coin toss won seven, or 64 percent. In five games -- 45 percent -- the coin-toss champ won on its first possession. The team losing the coin toss had only a little better than an even chance of getting the ball.

Last edited:
If you think we have a "bad" defense you are utterly clueless.

Well, I won't go so far to say we have a 'bad' defense, but the defense had a 'bad' night. When your offense puts up 500+ yards and 31 points, you'd like to think we should win that game.

And, frankly, I'm one of those folks who cringes every time I see our opponents in 3rd and long with the game on the line. Way, way too many of those situations have been converted this year.

Well, I won't go so far to say we have a 'bad' defense, but the defense had a 'bad' night. When your offense puts up 500+ yards and 31 points, you'd like to think we should win that game.

And, frankly, I'm one of those folks who cringes every time I see our opponents in 3rd and long with the game on the line. Way, way too many of those situations have been converted this year.

14 of the Jets points were from the refs and a kickoff return. Enough said.

You're another one who doesn't know what the hell you're talking about.... It's like a contagion around here.

Way to address my argument. You'd do great in a freshman logic course, Mr Logic.

The defense played a great second half tonight. They do not need to be rebuilt because of one terrible play. Every defense makes ****ty plays in crucial situations. That third and 15 was inexcusable; yet, I don't hear anyone complaining about the sack and incompletion that occurred before it.

We barely lost an exceptionally close game with a heavily injured team. I hope we can still make the playoffs. There is certainly a lot to like about the Patriots going into next year. There is also a lot to like about Matt Cassel going into the final phase of the season.

14 of the Jets points were from the refs and a kickoff return. Enough said.

I'll give you the 7 on the kickoff return.

The other 7 would have been at least 3 anyhow, and remember the defense had let the Jets drive for 7+ minutes down to the 6 yd line when the penalty happened.

With the game tied late, the defense got on the field twice and gave up long drives each time to put the Jets ahead. That's the bottom line.

Way to address my argument. You'd do great in a freshman logic course, Mr Logic.

You put 2 Q/A's together with bogus responses and now you're acting as if you were playing Socrates? You didn't make an argument, you put non sequiturs together. There's a big difference.

Seriously man, you should stop posting and embarrassing yourself.

Go to bed before your mommy finds out you're up past bedtime.

I'll give you the 7 on the kickoff return.

The other 7 would have been at least 3 anyhow, and remember the defense had let the Jets drive for 7+ minutes down to the 6 yd line when the penalty happened.

With the game tied late, the defense got on the field twice and gave up long drives each time to put the Jets ahead. That's the bottom line.

The Jets have a good offense, I don't know if you've noticed that or not. We have a lot of injuries, you must have noticed that. The fact that the defense only surrendered 21 points to a team that could have scored 60 pts last week leaves me with absolutely nothing to complain about as far as their effort goes.

You posting something that had an ounce of rationality or logic would help.

Ok, when the game was tied, the defense allowed the Jets to walk down field and score a touchdown. Then I will give the defense credit for giving the Pats one more chance to score with a minute left, which the Pats did. But as you and I know, defense wins championships and in overtime the Pats needed their defense to give their offense a chance to win the game. But the defense allowed the Jets to walk down field and win the game. So please tell me how my arguement lacks logic?

You put 2 Q/A's together with bogus responses and now you're acting as if you were playing Socrates? You didn't make an argument, you put non sequiturs together. There's a big difference.

We were discussing why we lost in OT. You bring up an irrelevant point, the coin flip and rule of sudden death. You admitted our defense screwed up, yet are rabidly telling everyone who analyses why we screwed up illogical. Hmm. That makes a lot of sense.

Logically, since the offense never even took the field in OT, and we lost, there are logically only two other groups on our roster that could have screwed up in OT. Eiher a) Special teams, or b) The defense. Special teams did great. We got a touchback. Logically, that leaves b), by disjunctive syllogism. If you care to address the logic of this argument, feel free.

You are making yourself look dumber and dumber with every post. Stop.

There is only one word to describe you in this thread:
chris_coy_pwnd.jpg

Last edited:
We were discussing why we lost in OT. You bring up an irrelevant point, the coin flip and rule of sudden death. You admitted our defense screwed up, yet are rabidly telling everyone who analyses why we screwed up illogical. Hmm. That makes a lot of sense.

You are making yourself look dumber and dumber with every post. Stop....

That you think the coin flip and sudden death in overtime are irrelevant when the team winning the coin flip wins the game without the other team ever getting the ball just under half the time proves my point about you.

There have been a lot of stupid things posted tonight. You just beat them all. Congratulations.

Last edited:
That you think the coin flip and sudden death in overtime are irrelevant when the team winning the coin flip wins the game without the other team ever getting the ball just under half the time proves my point about you.

You didn't address my argument. I spelled it out for you, as your brain seems to have trouble comprehending things.

If you want to blame the rules, go be an Indy fan or a Raiders fan. We are Patriots fans. Do you think Belichick will blame the rules for their loss? Do you think he would be that petty?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye