Welcome to PatsFans.com

Defense Department unveils $50,000 portrait of Donald Rumsfeld.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

It will hang in the Pentagon along with his other portrait, commemorating when he served as defense secretary from 1975 to 1977. As the Washington Post reported in 2008, this new portrait of Rumsfeld cost nearly $50,000

where to start?

lets see...comissioning ART!!!!???
    to commemorate a war criminal???

Fukc you Pentagon!

(ThinkProgress contacted Rumsfeld spokesperson Keith Urbahn, who noted that the former secretary paid for the cost of the portrait himself)

what a dik?....

here is a link to the portait: http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/p/l/rumsfeld_reloaded.jpg
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / 5 / -2

I was ready to go ape poop until I saw that he paid for it himself. If that's the case, then that's his problem. It may point to an ego problem, but I as long as he's paying the tab, and not me, who cares.
  3. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

How is he a war criminal?
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +550 / 2 / -9

Because Liberals Hate Him
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Ghraib_torture_and_prisoner_abuse

Donald Rumsfeld stated in February 2005 that he had, as a result of the Abu Ghraib scandal, twice made an offer to President George W. Bush to resign the office of Secretary of Defense, and that both offers were declined.
  6. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

http://www.notinkansas.us/Images/rumsfeld-hussein.jpg

"Hello, I'd like to buy some Weapons of Mass Destruction, that I will use to kill my own people" Saddam said

"I think we can help you out with that" Said Rumsfeld
  7. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So you're saying he's been convicted in a court somewhere right? Or at least tried in a court? Or had charges brought against him?
  8. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +518 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

9. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I guess Hitler is also innocent, he was never convicted in a court...

Exclusive: Charges Sought Against Rumsfeld Over Prison Abuse - TIME

New legal documents, to be filed next week with Germany's top prosecutor, will seek a criminal investigation and prosecution of Rumsfeld, along with Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, former CIA director George Tenet and other senior U.S. civilian and military officers, for their alleged roles in abuses committed at Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison and at the U.S. detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

You should pitch with a bloody sock, 'cuz you're curt SHILLing
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +550 / 2 / -9

The Abba Dabba prison pile on's, dog leashes and prisoners with ladies underwear on their heads was no worse than a "Madonna Concert"

Pelosi said she vomited when she saw the pictures, a week later there were pictures on TV of Muslims carving off screaming gurgling human heads, not a word from The Old Tooth Sucker Pelosi.
  11. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Congratulations for taking his bait.
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  12. TBradyOwnsYou

TBradyOwnsYou Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was bored.

As for war crimes. I don't buy in to it. Is Hitler a "war criminal"? No, no he isn't. He was a bad dude for sure, but it was war.
    In war, bad sh1t happens. The worse the people are you are fighting, the worse you have to be to beat them. Luckily back in the day America had balls and we were all about freedom and winning and not giving in to evil.
    Unfortunately now a days we're a whiney b1tch of a country who lacks the balls to do anything.

Your arguement is to bring up how a third party country wanted to bring charges against Rumsfeld and crew in 2006 (psst, it's 2010 now, how did that work out?).
    The article says the plaintiffs were:
    Hmm, well, what are these guys claiming was so bad?

Oh noes! They caused a terrorist to be stressed and humiliated?? That's so HORRIBLE! Well good god! No wonder why Rumsfeld is so evil, approving Americans to stress and humiliate terrorists in an attempt to save American lives! As for Abu Ghriab, seriously? So everytime a private breaks the law or does something wrong the blame goes all the way to the top? Son of a b1tch! One of my soldiers was late the other day, should I demand Obama apologize for it? I agree what went on at Abu Ghriab was horrible and needs to be punished, but the commanders of that unit, the leaders on ground, THOSE guys are responsible (as obviously the people who DID it are...).
    Obama just put Petraeus in charge and Petraeus is thinking about loosening up the ROE. If I decide to interpret this as a "kill all muslims" and go on a rampage tomorrow, does that mean that Obama should be impeached? Or maybe *I* should be held responsible for *MY* actions instead?

You show me evidence that Rumsfeld told people to commit rape and I'll stand right next to you calling for him to do time in prison. But until then, he's done nothing wrong.
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

In all honesty.....

a war crime is defined by who loses the war... WIN and you are scott-free, lose and you are a war criminal.

all war is a war crime, winners just escape prosecution.
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010