PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Defeat is not an option

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
rocky-training-o.gif

Last edited:
It may not be an option, but it is certainly a possibility. This team has grit and mental toughness, but they are also missing a ton of starters.

As a UMass graduate, I prefer "Refuse to Lose." 5 cents to the Calipari fund.

Last I saw Patriots were 7-pt favorites, so I hope the Rocky-esque underdogs don't get TOO pumped up. :)

With all the injuries this team has had, it is better (for the heart and brain) if we don't get their hopes too high. If we win out that would be great otherwise its not a big deal.

With all the injuries this team has had, it is better (for the heart and brain) if they don't get their hopes too high. If we win out that would be great otherwise its not a big deal.

While you're 100% correct, try telling this to the die hards that are on the site at 2am in the middle of March talking about the combine results ;) It makes a ton of sense, but the mind and heart just won't accept this kind of thinking.

On another note, watch this 2 min freaking video to get pumped up as hell:

New England Patriots Player Entrance - YouTube

While you're 100% correct, try telling this to the die hards that are on the site at 2am in the middle of March talking about the combine results ;) It makes a ton of sense, but the mind and heart just won't accept this kind of thinking.

Thanks for the video, it was simply awesome. :rocker::rocker:

Thanks for the video, it was simply awesome. :rocker::rocker:

It is awesome, indeed.

I'm ready for the damn game right now, at this very second.

It'd be great if they brought this intro back to help get the fans pumped up again. From what I hear it's not quite as good anymore, although I've never seen Gillette due to living in Pittsburgh. I'm forced to go to the away games whenever I get a chance.

You're right, we can't lose

We have Hulkamania on our side

BROTHER

Outside of turnovers, the team that executes the best and is the most physical will win. And for every game at home this season, we have been the winner, but maybe not always the most physical team, Saints and Bills games come to mind.

Since it is the playoffs, you have to wonder if all the newcomers don't get a bad case of "bad eyes syndrome" and start out slow, which would put us in a huge hole. (aka Indy last week)

We just need to play our game, not turn the ball over and execute.

"Defeat is not an option..."
From your lips to God's ears.
Now, let's just hope that the Colts, Broncos/Chargers, Niners/Panthers, Saints/Seahawks co-operate.

As a UMass graduate, I prefer "Refuse to Lose." 5 cents to the Calipari fund.

refuse to lose is great....
never give up.....etc....wasn't sure for a title so I stole Charlie's tour name :)

You're right, we can't lose

We have Hulkamania on our side

BROTHER

mulligan is funny....I also dig jesse ventura...old school cats that are pretty sharp though some look at as wrestler meatheads -quite the contrary (as many o lineman are):cool:

It is awesome, indeed.

I'm ready for the damn game right now, at this very second.

It'd be great if they brought this intro back to help get the fans pumped up again. From what I hear it's not quite as good anymore, although I've never seen Gillette due to living in Pittsburgh. I'm forced to go to the away games whenever I get a chance.

EVERYONE needs to go to Gillette at least once!

Make it happen-you'll love it

worth the $

park outside the stadium (cheaper parking )and beat feet

you'll also beat everyone outta the game to get on the freeway back to PA

winning!

"Defeat is not an option..."
From your lips to God's ears.
Now, let's just hope that the Colts, Broncos/Chargers, Niners/Panthers, Saints/Seahawks co-operate.

those are some b@dass teams....cant stand kaepernick's scrambling...he needs an acl/mcl like cam

next year- with all our starters......NONE of those teams scare me.

win

Very good stuff. I remember that game so well. I flew back from Hong Kong to watch it and the weather was great. And Brady was amazing. They took away the deep ball so he just kept going underneath all game. I remember looking at my dad during the game and saying "wait, I don't think he's torn in completion yet."

Outside of turnovers, the team that executes the best and is the most physical will win.

We just need to play our game, not turn the ball over and execute.

In the history of the NFL playoffs, if you're the visitor and you lose the turnover battle even just at -1, you have a ridiculously low percentage of winning the game.

I know that we've been through the whole -1 relationship to winning before, and I believe that it's somewhere around 20% or so in the regular season, but in the postseason it goes down even more--all the way to under 10%.

In the history of the NFL playoffs, if you're the visitor and you lose the turnover battle even just at -1, you have a ridiculously low percentage of winning the game.

I know that we've been through the whole -1 relationship to winning before, and I believe that it's somewhere around 20% or so in the regular season, but in the postseason it goes down even more--all the way to under 10%.

That's only true for the visiting team.

Overall:
2000-present, negative turnover margin, regular season: 585–2287–4 [.204]
2000-present, negative turnover margin, playoffs: 25–101 [.198]

Away:
2000-present, negative turnover margin, regular season: 347–996–1 [.259]
2000-present, negative turnover margin, playoffs: 18–42 [.300]

Home:
2000-present, negative turnover margin, regular season: 238–1291–3 [.156]
2000-present, negative turnover margin, playoffs: 6–49 [.109]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back