Welcome to PatsFans.com

Deepak Chopra Blames Washington For Mumbai Terrorist Attacks ...Update: Iran Agrees

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Run DMC, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

2. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +885 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

Re: Deepak Chopra Blames Washington For Mumbai Terrorist Attacks ...Update: Iran Agre

Of course it's our fault. The Dalai Llama could blast a massive jet fart that clogs his sphincter so bad that he dies and it would somehow be our fault. So let me get this straight: Iraq occupation FORCED Indian/Pakistani militants to pick up guns and shoot innocent people (including women and children)? Is there some sort of hidden logic in there that I'm missing?
  3. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Last edited: Dec 1, 2008
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Re: Deepak Chopra Blames Washington For Mumbai Terrorist Attacks ...Update: Iran Agre

America's Bush Hating Anti American Bastards Love This Stuff.
    We don't have to worry though President Jug Ears will fix the whole world and if there should be anything he can't fix it will be Bush'd fault.

"oh look mommy it's president obama"
    "isn't he beautiful dear"
  5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I think Mossed agrees with you. No one in their right mind can blame the US for Mumbai.
    And who the fu(k is Deepak Chopra anyways?
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Mrs Chopra's kid.......
  7. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

"fault" is a tough word. Would extremism be as prevalent in the world today if it weren't for US and British imperialism? Of course not. It's no coincidence that this stuff always happens in states that are former colonies or client states and is always directed at the US or one of it's allies. If it were just about Islam, they probably would have targeted other religions and countries by now. From the Tamil Tigers to the IRA to the Decca Muhajadeen, religion is always just the tool that is used to justify terrorism.
  8. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Do you mean the Deepak that is the, healer, New Age philosopher and digestion guru, advocate of aromatherapy and regular enemas guy :confused:

Ummmmmmm, When did he become anointed as an Anti-terrorism expert qualified to give his opinion on CNN. :rolleyes:

Is it because he's Indian? Well, then, my buddy Sandip around the corner has weighed in personally to me and he seems to blame the Pakis, and the long term fued over the disputed lands in Kashmir. He also has a healthy dose of blame for the inadequite Indian intelligence apparatus. In-other-words, he thinks Deepak is full of ****.

......... and we better listen to him, because he's a software developer from New Delhi (which is also in India). :rolleyes:
  9. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ummmmm, NEWS FLASH, Extremism was prevelent long before US and British imperialism. It will still be around when the US and Briton are long gone. As long as there is religion, some a--hole is bound to take it to far.
  10. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

That was sort of my point, it takes place wherever there is an occupied/colonized territory. I was speaking specifically about Islamic extremism (the most prevalent in the world today) that is directed towards the US and it's allies since they are the ones who have intervened in the Islamic world. If it was Buddhism in the middle East, or Christianity, you'd be seeing the same thing with those religions. That is why these terrorists were asking for people with British and US passports to execute; if it were just about the religion, they'd be looking for Hindus and Seikhs too.
  11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

By targeting the US and Brits they get way more media attention or "bang for thier buck"
  12. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +885 / 16 / -24

No Jersey Selected

If it wasn't the U.S. and the British, it would most certainly be Soviet imperialism. One could argue that had the Soviets conquered Afghanistan, Russia would still be in control of it today. Wait, what am I saying. Maybe that would have been a good thing. Bin Laden and al Quaeda would be targeting Russia instead of us. :rolleyes:
  13. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +248 / 3 / -2

They started by indiscrimiately gunning down people in the subway, so I don't think the operation was done to specifically target westerners. They killed somewhere under 200 people, and I think only 20 or so were foreignors. I don't doubt that they wanted to kill those you speak of, but I don't think that doing so was their main objective. Their objective was to cause chaos, and inflame the already tenuous relationship that India and Pakistan have.
  14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +39 / 2 / -0

I don't disagree with any of what you said; Bin Laden was a monster created to fight the Russians. My point is that imperial powers, whoever they are, will foster this kind of extremism. The Soviet Union would have most likely acted similarly, but that doesn't mean the U.S. isn't responsible for fanning the flames by continuing to pursue aggressive interventionist policies. We have a foreign policy that seems to be based on the assumption that you can stop people willing to kill themselves just to take you out by bombing them. Until there's a realization that this is the worst assumption imaginable, it's only going to get worse. And I don't see Obama changing anything when it comes to that.
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You mean the same Bin Ladin that we trained and supplied to kill Soviets? Someday we'll learn to heed the words of President Washington. He was right then, he's right now.

..."Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people to surrender their interests.

The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is, in extending our commercial relations to have with them as little political connection as possible. So far as we have already formed engagements let them be fulfilled with perfect good faith. Here let us stop."...

----Farewell Address
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Bingo......... Despite what was being potrayed in the media, I think the overall goal was to target indiscriminately. Killing westerners (US & Briton in particular), is a bonus and gives them more bang for the buck, but it's clear in their actions that was not the primary intent.

had it been, then there would have been much more directed agression. Seems like they wanted US and British hostages, but they just wanted to kill anyone.

I do get your point though.
  17. Run DMC

Run DMC Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not quite, amigo, phukk Deepak Chopra.
  18. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

What was India thinking guarding that hotel with people carrying batons and WWI rifles?