October 29, 2006
4 players out

The following four players are out for the Patriots in Monday night's game:

G Stephen Neal
G/C Russ Hochstein
S Eugene Wilson
TE Daniel Graham

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 07:53:23 PM

Considering Yates is the only other active G/C (besides Mankins and Koppen), I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats make (or have already made) a roster move to promote Stevenson or re-sign Mruczkowski.

Last edited:
Who is going to start at right guard? Billy Yates?

Can one of our tackles play guard?

If I recall correctly draft reviews said O'Callaghan can play guard so maybe they use him there, at least in an emergency situation. They have Britt who can play RT and Kaczur, who it sounds like made the trip, so maybe he'll be active.

Last edited:
zippo59 said:

The OL that will be active are:

Light
Mankins
Koppen
O'Callaghan
Kaczur
Britt
Yates

LT: Light
LG: Mankins
C: Koppen
RG: Yates
RT: O'Callaghan

OT: Kaczur
OT: Britt

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaczur starts at RG, either.

zippo59 said:

Yates gets the start. Kaczur and Britt have taken training reps at G, I'd be inclined to try O'Callaghan inside and use Britt on the edge, or Kac if he's healthy enough.

Bad time to have to reshuffle the o-line against the vikes defence.
Not having Graham hurts also.
Definetly expect more roll outs from brady,as well as the expected screens and draws.

Yep, this will be alot tougher in the trenches than it should be. Hope Tommy gets decent time, it will help to open up the run later in the game.

So much for the Herald reporting Seymour wouldn't play.

neal is the biggest loss imo...he is a big part of our running game

SVN said:
neal is the biggest loss imo...he is a big part of our running game
Think so? I would have said Graham.

I wasn't at all impressed with Yates' work against Buffalo.

QB12

Wilson's out again too, huh?

The Patriots safety rotation has banged up for the past year. Hawkins to save the day again.

QB12 said:
I wasn't at all impressed with Yates' work against Buffalo.

QB12

When did he play?

Patjew said:
Think so? I would have said Graham.
graham too but i think he is usually the extra blocker ,i would rather have neal to keep the o line consistency especially for the run game and also for all the noise in the dome.lets face it we have run for 100 yards only once in the last 4 games so as awesome at it was in the beginnning we need to get it back on track..

Yeah, both Neal and Hochstein being out could present a major problem. I know Kazcur has some experience at G though he's been used exclusively at T thus far. I agree with those that say Yates will be the RG. I'm nervous about this game. We get our butts kicked in the trenches and it could be a long night.

Well this is just great. We just came off a byeweek and we are already banged up. :(

SVN said:
graham too but i think he is usually the extra blocker ,i would rather have neal to keep the o line consistency especially for the run game and also for all the noise in the dome.lets face it we have run for 100 yards only once in the last 4 games so as awesome at it was in the beginnning we need to get it back on track..
I've chalked that up to Graham being out, but you could certainly be right.

Or it could be a combo, which is what I'm thinking now.

Willie55 said:
So much for the Herald reporting Seymour wouldn't play.

And I was sure Sey was going to have an operation when he didn't flat out deny it.:rolleyes:

Many here questioned why Mruc is not on the team with Hochstein injured. Dante must be OK with Yates as center if Koppen is hurt. Yates is the only one who has played OG for the pats. It is not the time to experiment, although as you say Kaczur may be good enough to step in if he's healthy.

There are no reasons for roster moves if Kaczur can play.

pats1 said:
The OL that will be active are:

Light
Mankins
Koppen
O'Callaghan
Kaczur
Britt
Yates

LT: Light
LG: Mankins
C: Koppen
RG: Yates
RT: O'Callaghan

OT: Kaczur
OT: Britt

I wouldn't be surprised if Kaczur starts at RG, either.

Last edited:
There may be a move..as was stated...interuior backup OL needed,,NOT the time to start shifting players around at all..so I would think that unless Kaczur can play inside..and has recovered fully from his shoulder injury..a move could be made..Mruc is quite good inside.. Hoch's injury we'll find out soon about that I am sure... is a big loss though..

Does anyone know if Neal's injured shoulder is the same one he had problems with early in his Patriots career? If this is a serious injury it is a big loss IMO as he's arguably our best run blocker. Let's hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes