PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Decision on Junior Seau to be made in July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better than August, I really hope he gives it one more go.

As long as he's not in on every down again, I'd love for him to come back.

Let's hope he can still help this club as a ring for Junior would be the best way for his career to come to a close.

Better than August, I really hope he gives it one more go.

My gut tells me this isn't Jr. decision. BB is deciding if he has enough with his new LB that having the old guy isn't worth a roster spot with his new talent or if the new folks aren't ready for prime time.

I would say the better news would be BB saying we don't need Jr with all the rest of the talent we have than BB saying we need Jr.

I hear that on Jr perhaps being not necessary, and that being a good thing, but I tend to think that having him on the roster could help. His experience and penchant for big plays...I like him on this team.

I hear that on Jr perhaps being not necessary, and that being a good thing, but I tend to think that having him on the roster could help. His experience and penchant for big plays...I like him on this team.

Statistically speaking, he had a pretty good year for us. He made a lot of big plays for us too. Most INTs he's had in his career was here in 07 with 3.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=213
I thought BB would want him back in a heart beat.
In fact, I thought it was Junior that didn't know what he wanted to do.

Statistically speaking, he had a pretty good year for us. He made a lot of big plays for us too. Most INTs he's had in his career was here in 07 with 3.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=213
I thought BB would want him back in a heart beat.
In fact, I thought it was Junior that didn't know what he wanted to do.

I think he made a huge contribution this year and I hope he stays on for another one. He's such a smart player, and no doubt he has guts.He's slower of course, but he's still strong, and he anticipates plays so well.
Seau and BB will probably make a decision together, I'd assume anyway. Junior seems like a stand up member of the team, and I also think BB has a great deal of respect for him. If BB wants him I think Jr. will play another year.
If BB doesn't want him then they'll just say it was Junior's decision.

07 could be his last season with Pats if our new players are ready to take his position.

I think he made a huge contribution this year and I hope he stays on for another one. He's such a smart player, and no doubt he has guts.He's slower of course, but he's still strong, and he anticipates plays so well.
Seau and BB will probably make a decision together, I'd assume anyway. Junior seems like a stand up member of the team, and I also think BB has a great deal of respect for him. If BB wants him I think Jr. will play another year.
If BB doesn't want him then they'll just say it was Junior's decision.

I hope you're right
BTW-Great avatar and handle.
I hope the Pats DO "Leave no Doubt" in 08 :D

With all the injuries on defense over the last few years, its probably worth just putting him on PUP and letting things play out until week 9 (last possible week to come back). I think he probably isn't needed but one injury and he could contribute. This is similar to what they did with Troy this year.

I'm not sure about roster size limits and the various cut down dates, but might this have something to do with checking out other talent first? The Pats could use his roster spot to check out some UFDAs, etc. and once a few cuts are made, they would have room to bring him in. With teams losing some of their exemptions that they had last year (NFL Europe players, etc) there seems to be a bit of premium on roster space right now.

Last edited:
Belichick said this on the record in the Globe as well I think.

My interpretation is that the decision has already been made and that he'll be in camp.

BB knows that guys lik Junior are professionals, and don't get a huge benefit from minicamp - in fact they are better off conserving their energy and taking care of their bodies off the practice field.

As with Roman Phifer, BB would rather not set a precedent by letting someone on the team skip minicamp - instead they all wait to sign until training camp so no one is technically AWOL for offseason workouts and minicamps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes