Welcome to PatsFans.com

Decency

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by wistahpatsfan, Sep 3, 2009.

1. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

American public discourse is now officially a cesspool:

YouTube - Whitman on MSNBC September 3, 2009

What is your opinion of this event? Forget the network, Obama, Palin, etc. Try to comment on this event if you can. We all know the rhetoric of the left and right and who's on what side. Just wondering what you all think about the tenor of this debate.

What's the over-under on someone getting killed over this?
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Anyone that doesn't view these hecklers as dispicable and ignorant should be ashamed. But of course in short order someone will come along and try to defend the indefensable.

I was going to start a similar thread.
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Its disgusting to me...all of it.

It goes from the guy biting someone's pinky off to the dude who brings a loaded rifle to an obama event....

all of this is over "Healthcare"....

real sad.

all of this violence, and BS is over fellow americans looking to get medical treatment when they are sick.

I could understand if we were going to WAR, if we were about to invade a nation. But we are talking about the well being of fellow americans here. There were REAL protests for the Iraqi invasion, and networks and reporters told you that you were unamerican if you questioned the president, and you hated the troops....its fukcing sick, man.

This is the dumbest I've seen Americans in my 34 years. This video and others like it make me feel so shameful to be an american....Booing a lady that will not be able to walk....because she wants to get care?

who are we?
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  4. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I hve to say that this is the wost i've seen in 50 years, thats how far back i can remember. It really is sickning, but there are people even here that will say its OK.
  5. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

This women was obviously an actress, a plant. The Democrats probably paid her to be there! Unscrupulous!
  6. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Bingo WE Have BINGO!!! And it only took five posts to defend the undefendable.
  7. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

The whole things beyond the pale...... I was kidding about the lady. I think.;)
  8. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Some things transcend politics... this is one of them.

If it was Bristol Palin up there asking about health care for Trig and lefties booed it would be just as dispicable.
  9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

Well she is complaining about affording her drugs and her mortgage, perhaps she should sell her house, I had a financial problem and we couldn't afford our house, we sold it and paid out mortgage. We rent now. Why should I pay her expenses so she can own a house when I have to rent a small apt?

Also if she is paying this much for her drugs, they are not generics, odds are they wouldn't be even available under a public plan.
  10. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Bingo we have BINGO Agent 13 you are one person i can always count on. Did you ever think SHE CAN'T SELL HER HOUSE. Mybe like my cousin who had M.S. the house was built so she could take care of herself. And whos asking you to pay? Stop sitting in your apartment listening to limbaugh.
  11. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

This problem kicked in when Pelosi and Reid said they were ramming this bill through. That doesn't condone any of it but that's when the public when bazerko.

The media is not making the connection but there is a definite connection of this to the bailout bill which got crafted behind closed doors with not even a minute of floor debate in Congress.

If we had a more balanced Congress I don't think we would be seeing this ugliness ... this is my opinion.
  12. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Depends on what your financial problem was. If it was healthcare, then you should have kept your house.
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

MAybe she is a plant like the guy during the SCHIP debate who said he couldn't afford ins for his kids, truned our his income was well above the national average and he owned props worth >1M.

Don't listen to Limbaugh. I start my commute at ^:15 and get home at 7:15, thanks for asking though. I wish I could afford a custom built home. Everyone has problems.
  14. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +130 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Sorry IC i hate Pelosie and Reid with a passion and so doesn't my wife the Liberal, but there is no excuse for this behavior.

IMO it started in the 80's when the religious right got into politics. They created an atmospher of hate, and intolorance. Thats where i've traced it back to.
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +236 / 8 / -13

IT started in the 80's when religious people you disagree with got into politics???

HAHAHAHA, you are offended that people who disagree with libs dare to voice their opinions.

I felt the decency left politics when anti war libs called me and my friends babykiller in airports. ;)
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +520 / 6 / -2

Not for nothing, but I'd like to see the whole clip, and not just the snippet where people are hollaring at her. I just can't believe that someone would instantly heckle a handicapped woman, or at least knowingly do so. I'm not in any way saying it couldn't happen, but the way there were mutlitple people hollaring, leads me to wonder what was going on in that place before hand. Still though, the tone sucks, but people are fed up in this country. People on all sides of the political spectrum. The anger grew during the Bush years, to the point that someone like Obama could be elected. After being promised the moon during the campaign, and instead getting more of the same, people have reached the edge. This in no way is meant to excuse indecent, cruel, uncivilized behavior. I'm merely trying to explain why it exists.

As for the women in question, I think she is the type of person 90% of the public wants to help. Like myself, most people have little issue with the gubmit helping those who cannot help themselves, through no fault of their own. The problem is that the gubmit doesn't do that. The gubmit confiscates the hard earned cash of responsible citizens, and hands it to greedy corrporations, corrupt unions, and any deadbeat with a hand open. It doesn't matter whether that gubmit loser is a D, or an R, cuz nothing changes. The only difference is how the money is split up.
  17. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Well, that musta sucked, but the decency in this country started going downhill when Johnson escalated the war resulting in those dead children. What he never thought of was the film and photos of the dead children getting back to the states. Damn press.

But all that aside, I have no sympathy for you because you apparently have no sympathy for the most vulnerable of your countrymen. You're a friggin disgrace. WTF do you need a custom home for? Are you in a wheelchair? Are you blind?

SHE WAS PROBABLY A PLANT? WTF is wrong with you?
  18. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I agree 100%...PF13 must be in that other 10%
  19. billdog3484

billdog3484 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

its funny. you put on fox and they dont give the democratic strategists the chance to speak, you put on any other news station they dont give republicans the chance to speak, and the broadcaster shapes the way the conversation goes by asking leading questions.

obviously what happened to the woman was in terrible taste, but it happens on both sides of the fence.

i just want to know whats the rush and whos going to pay for all this? i cant afford to pay for health insurance for other people
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Can you afford to pay for corporate welfare, fighter jets and other weapons we'll never need or use, or foreign aid to Egypt and Israel? How about the new US Embassy in Iraq? You OK with that?