PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

December 9th Finally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree that Indy's DB's are better than the Steelers, Ike Taylor is one of the most underrated Corners in the league (just ask Chad Johnson). Also, if you would have seen the game against the Bungles, you would have seen that we gave an explosive offense great field position 4 times (thanks to Parker's fumbilitis) and they came away with 3pts (the first TD was on the first drive of the game), that is great defense. Since Cincy's offense has Chad, Humphismama and Henry (he returned last week) plus a running game, I would say that is pretty impressive.

The key to the Steelers' defense is the combination of coverage and pressure. We don't get the most pressure and we don't have the best coverage. However, we are the best combination of both in the NFL right now.

I disagree that Indy's DB's are better than the Steelers, Ike Taylor is one of the most underrated Corners in the league (just ask Chad Johnson). Also, if you would have seen the game against the Bungles, you would have seen that we gave an explosive offense great field position 4 times (thanks to Parker's fumbilitis) and they came away with 3pts (the first TD was on the first drive of the game), that is great defense. Since Cincy's offense has Chad, Humphismama and Henry (he returned last week) plus a running game, I would say that is pretty impressive.

We held the Bengals to 13 points, they are overated.

The key to the Steelers' defense is the combination of coverage and pressure. We don't get the most pressure and we don't have the best coverage. However, we are the best combination of both in the NFL right now.

I think that sums up your defense vs our offense. It's going to be about protection and isolating to get good match ups. Your offense vs our defense should be equally as interesting. We've generally been able to hold your offense down. Parker is a different type of back however who could cause issues for the Pats defense, if he can hold on to the ball. Your offensive line isn't the same however so that will be a huge key to the game.

I think that sums up your defense vs our offense. It's going to be about protection and isolating to get good match ups. Your offense vs our defense should be equally as interesting. We've generally been able to hold your offense down. Parker is a different type of back however who could cause issues for the Pats defense, if he can hold on to the ball. Your offensive line isn't the same however so that will be a huge key to the game.

I don't see past match ups as relevant when looking at this game. Our offense has changed too much, and I'm sure your defense has changed some as well. With a new head coach and offensive coordinator, we have a different philosophy than in past years. We are more of a single back offense than our traditional "I" look. In truth, we are not a very good running team any more. Our line is not awful, but we can't push people around any more. On the flip side, our passing attack is vastly better than it was 2 years ago. We are capable of throwing 40 times per game, but choose to remain balanced despite our lack of success on the ground. I would not be surprised if the Steelers came out throwing and running no huddle.

I can't wait. Friends and I will do up a huge spread for the game. Our friend from Boston area who is Patsy fan is banned for the day. He has been instructed to stay at least 500 yards from us all day for his own safety.

Looking forward to a great game.

My hope for the game is that we come out throwing the ball. Our running game has been awful. This will be the best defense NE has faced. Moss will be a non-factor guaranteed. The Steelers always take away a team's primary big play receiver. Welker could have a good game though.

Let the countdown begin.
Were you looking forward to the Jets game too?

And oh, nice quote "The Steelers always take away a team's primary big play receiver."

Funny, when I look at the boxscore of your loss to Arizona (yes ARIZONA!!!!!) I see Larry Fitzgerald with 11 catches for 123 yards. Maybe always isn't always in your world. Funny nonetheless.

J D Sal

Last edited:
Were you looking forward to the Jets game too?

And oh, nice quote "The Steelers always take away a team's primary big play receiver."

Funny, when I look at the boxscore of your loss to Arizona (yes ARIZONA!!!!!) I see Larry Fitzgerald with 11 catches for 123 yards. Maybe always isn't always in your world. Funny nonetheless.

J D Sal

You got my point. Don't be a smart a s s.
Ask Chad Johnson how things have worked out for him against Pittsburgh the past few years. And I don't want to hear that Jets and Arizona crap. It means nothing next week, and you almost lost to Philly and Baltimore who are equally awful.

You got my point. Don't be a smart a s s.
Ask Chad Johnson how things have worked out for him against Pittsburgh the past few years. And I don't want to hear that Jets and Arizona crap. It means nothing next week, and you almost lost to Philly and Baltimore who are equally awful.
Ahh, not they are not "equally awful"....first of the Jets and Arizona are a combine 7-15 playing teams besides the Steelers while Baltimore and Philly are a combined 10-12 playing teams besides the Patriots. That is a full 3 game difference.

And beyond that WE BEAT THEM YOU DIDN'T. Christ, "almost"???????? Give me a break.

And Chad Johnson had 86 yards Sunday, which projected over 16 games would be a 1,300 yard season. He had a 94 yard game in 2005, an 80 yard game in 2004, a 117 yard game in 2003, a 71 and a 152 (yes 152!!!!!) yard game in 2002 versus Pittsburgh. Most of the other games have been average (50-70 yards) not horrible games.

Your original point was horrendous.

J D Sal

Last edited:
Ahh, not they are not "equally awful"....first of the Jets and Arizona are a combine 7-15 playing teams besides the Steelers while Baltimore and Philly are a combined 10-12 playing teams besides the Patriots. That is a full 3 game difference.

And beyond that WE BEAT THEM YOU DIDN'T. Christ, "almost"???????? Give me a break.

And Chad Johnson had 86 yards Sunday, which projected over 16 games would be a 1,300 yard season. He had a 94 yard game in 2005, an 80 yard game in 2004, a 117 yard game in 2003, a 71 and a 152 (yes 152!!!!!) yard game in 2002 versus Pittsburgh. Most of the other games have been average (50-70 yards) not horrible games.

Your original point was horrendous.

J D Sal

How did TO do in 2004? 53 yards and no TD's.

Last edited:
I don't see past match ups as relevant when looking at this game.

I'm not using it as an end all but as a measuring stick since that's what we have for data. I think it's much more relevant that what either of us did against the Jets, Bill, or Ravens since those are completely different teams and thus match-ups.

I'm not using it as an end all but as a measuring stick since that's what we have for data. I think it's much more relevant that what either of us did against the Jets, Bill, or Ravens since those are completely different teams and thus match-ups.

Fair enough. I don't think anyone will know till Sunday obviously. Hard to predict how anything will work out when 2 teams have not played for 2 years.

Ancedotal evidence! The last refuge of someone whose lost an argument!

J D Sal

In reality, that result vs TO is more relevant as LeBeau created the scheme then and he will creating it Sunday. The thread that you jumped into and took out of context involved a discussion of Pittsburgh's offense vs NE defense. The Pittsburgh coaching staff is totally different for our offense and that was how the thread started. Your like a child that wonders into a movie with no frame of reference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey