PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

December 9th, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I'm not saying Moss is no good. I'm not even saying Ike is better. All I'm saying is I'm not worried about it. We always shut down top receivers. Just ask T.O., Chad Johnson, etc, etc. Moss will have about 50 yards receiving and zero TD's.

That's cool. So, what happens when you shut Moss down and are left with Donte Stallworth, Ben Watson, Wes Welker and the backs to contend with? Ohhhhh that's right, I forgot, Farrior will just yell at them until they run off the field with their tails tucked between their legs. Man, The Steelers are such a good team!

Listen, I'm not saying Moss is no good. I'm not even saying Ike is better. All I'm saying is I'm not worried about it. We always shut down top receivers. Just ask T.O., Chad Johnson, etc, etc. Moss will have about 50 yards receiving and zero TD's.

That could absolutely happen. Only two questions remain:

1) Who's helping Taylor?

2) How many TD catches do Stallworth/Welker/Watson/Brady/Vrabel end up with?

A tiger doesn't change its stripes. The Randy Moss/NE Patriot story is still in chapter 1. I'm anxious to turn the page and see what chapter 2 has in store.

I'll give you a hint: it looks like a big, shiny, metal football.

That's cool. So, what happens when you shut Moss down and are left with Donte Stallworth, Ben Watson, Wes Welker and the backs to contend with? Ohhhhh that's right, I forgot, Farrior will just yell at them until they run off the field with their tails tucked between their legs. Man, The Steelers are such a good team!

****, I bet they will forget about all those guys. You're right. I never thought of that either. By the way... I actually like Wes Welker. He is the only patsy I like.

Farrior will yell at them? Farrior never says a word. Are you confusing him with Porter who now plays in Miami?

That could absolutely happen. Only two questions remain:

1) Who's helping Taylor?

2) How many TD catches do Stallworth/Welker/Watson/Brady/Vrabel end up with?

And you will know my name is LeBeau when I lay my vengance upon you.

Last edited:
Farrior will yell at them? Farrior never says a word. Are you confusing him with Porter who now plays in Miami?

Nah, I'm talking about Farrior. He doesn't yap off the field, but check out the NFL films doc on the AFC Championship game from the 2004 season...he was jawing all game. Every Steelers game I watch I constantly see him chirping at the opposing offense after the plays. I do, however like the Steelers. Physical 34+running offense=I like. Polamalu and Ward are two of my favorite players in the league.

Last edited:
Nah, I'm talking about Farrior. He doesn't yap off the field, but check out the NFL films doc on the AFC Championship game from the 2004 season...he was jawing all game. Every Steelers game I watch I constantly see him chirping at the opposing offense after the plays. I do, however like the Steelers. Physical 34+running offense=I like. Polamalu and Ward are two of my favorite players in the league.

Ward is the man. All heart. Palamalu is capable of making plays no one else can make. He is also capable of missing tackles 85% of NFL safeties make every time.

I've seen Farrior yap a little on the field but no more than just about any other LB in the NFL. I've always considered him a pretty quiet guy. Foote talks a lot more than Farrior. That effin Porter taught Foote to talk. Farrior is older than Porter and was above his influence. Haggans played with Porter in college and already knew he was a punk so he didn't bother to listen either. James Harrison listens to no one.

Billecheat is going down! :bricks: :rocker:
By the time that date rolls around, I'll guess that teh Steelers will have another loss or two, and BB will have figured out how to beat the Steelers, AGAIN!

By the time that date rolls around, I'll guess that teh Steelers will have another loss or two, and BB will have figured out how to beat the Steelers, AGAIN!

The chances of us having some losses aren't much different than the patsies having some losses. You play Indy before then remember? Last I checked, their not a bad team (however overrrated). You are going to have to outscore them because your defense certainly didn't show they could stop them last year. The addition of A Thomas isn't going change that outcome tremendously.

Besides, I think your defense is overrated. Too many old guys... The one thing your defense has working in its favor is that they play on the same team as your offense which I admit is good. It takes all the pressure off the defense and allows them to play with a lead 90% of the time. It's much much much much easier to play defense when you are winning and teams are forced to throw the ball. Your D line is certainly respectable. Your LB's are old. Your secondary is average at best.

Last edited:
The chances of us having some losses aren't much different than the patsies having some losses. You play Indy before then remember? Last I checked, their not a bad team (however overrrated). You are going to have to outscore them because your defense certainly didn't show they could stop them last year. The addition of A Thomas isn't going change that outcome tremendously.

Besides, I think your defense is overrated. Too many old guys... The one thing your defense has working in its favor is that they play on the same team as your offense which I admit is good. It takes all the pressure off the defense and allows them to play with a lead 90% of the time. It's much much much much easier to play defense when you are winning and teams are forced to throw the ball. Your D line is certainly respectable. Your LB's are old. Your secondary is average at best.
You made a couple of really good OBVIOUS points there chucklehead, but your opinions about Adalius and the D are exactly that...your opinions...and when you consider the source.......:rolleyes: !!

You made a couple of really good OBVIOUS points there chucklehead, but your opinions about Adalius and the D are exactly that...your opinions...and when you consider the source.......:rolleyes: !!

My point is this. I don't think your offense can be stopped, but I do think it can be slowed. If a team slows down the offense and forced a turnover or two along the way, I think your defense can be had because they wouldn't be playing with a stacked deck.

My HOPE when we play Dec 9th... Shut down your running game completely which I do believe we can do. (We do it everyone else) Then put the heat on Brady while preventing the big play. If we can do this, I think we can slow down your offense a good deal while forcing a turnover or two. Then establish a balanced attack vs your defense I think we are in business. All in theory I realize but I think its a real possibility.

I'll admit, you make me nervous, but it's a good nervous mixed with genuin excitement. IF I were a patsy fan, I would be a bit nervous to play us as well. No other team in NFL presents the threats we do, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

My point is this. I don't think your offense can be stopped, but I do think it can be slowed. If a team slows down the offense and forced a turnover or two along the way, I think your defense can be had because they wouldn't be playing with a stacked deck.

My HOPE when we play Dec 9th... Shut down your running game completely which I do believe we can do. (We do it everyone else) Then put the heat on Brady while preventing the big play. If we can do this, I think we can slow down your offense a good deal while forcing a turnover or two. Then establish a balanced attack vs your defense I think we are in business. All in theory I realize but I think its a real possibility.

I'll admit, you make me nervous, but it's a good nervous mixed with genuin excitement. IF I were a patsy fan, I would be a bit nervous to play us as well. No other team in NFL presents the threats we do, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

Yeah. We're real nervous about a game 8 weeks away.

Yeah. We're real nervous about a game 8 weeks away.

Don't be so silly as to pretend you AS A FAN never look ahead. You don't play. You don't have to play it one week at a time. With that, I will conclude this discussion as it apparently is only appropriate to speak the week prior to the game. See you then.

I could give two sh!ts about the Steelers; the last four times we played you stiffs, we're 3-1, two of those wins were in the AFCCG at YOUR HOUSE.

Nope, not even a blip on the radar screen, sorry to break it to you.

We'll shall see! Come back the week before that game and we'll chat!

I could give two sh!ts about the Steelers; the last four times we played you stiffs, we're 3-1, two of those wins were in the AFCCG at YOUR HOUSE.

Nope, not even a blip on the radar screen, sorry to break it to you.

Whatever. Our trophy is still fresher than yours. 21 and done pal. 21 and done.

Whatever. Our trophy is still fresher than yours. 21 and done pal. 21 and done.

Now that's some good smack talk. The Steelers did, in fact, stop the 21-game win streak.

The Pats, on the other hand, won the SB that season and smoked the Steelers in the rematch, which was the AFCCG, by the way. And let us not forget the fact that THEY RAN OFF AN NFL-RECORD 21-GAME WINNING STREAK IN THE FIRST PLACE!

A.) You are not my pal.
B.) Wow, you stopped a 21 game win streak, hang your piss colored towel on that, good for you.
C.) See what Fixit said; ie, we smoked your asses in the rematch, you know, the one that counts, regular season wins mean squat.
D.) You are a friggin clown, eight more weeks of your crap, can't wait.

Now that's some good smack talk. The Steelers did, in fact, stop the 21-game win streak.

The Pats, on the other hand, won the SB that season and smoked the Steelers in the rematch, which was the AFCCG, by the way. And let us not forget the fact that THEY RAN OFF AN NFL-RECORD 21-GAME WINNING STREAK IN THE FIRST PLACE!

All valid; however, my response applies to silly assersions that we aren't a blip on the radar. That's just stupid.

All valid; however, my response applies to silly assersions that we aren't a blip on the radar. That's just stupid.

That game's not close enough to be on the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back