Welcome to PatsFans.com

Debt Problem? Guess What.....

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by patsfan13, Jun 24, 2011.

1. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

More Tax and spend of course, spending problem, nah we don't have no steeenkin spending problem. First from Dirty Harry Reid and the jokesters in the Senate... another stimulus package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Senate Democrats seek new economic stimulus | Reuters

Then little Timmy Geithner thinks we should tax small business to stimulate the economy:

Geithner: Taxes on

God forbid we should ever contemplate shrinking the size of government programs..... You can' t make up this sort of stupidity. No wonder there has been no recovery/

Another 429,000 people lost their jobs last week 11th consecutive week >400k lost jobs congrats administration.
  2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +187 / 3 / -10

There are those who believe we don't spend too much on gov't programs...or that the only thing we spend too much on is the Military.

And there are opinions galore on this topic, but the real truth is (no matter what people WANT to believe) is that we do spend too much...on everything. That includes military spending AND spending on gov't programs.

Raising the rate on SMALL businesses is about the most ridiculous idea I've heard to date. Not that I'm surprised our politicians are stupid enough to believe we need to raise revenues to meet desired spending, but it's beginning to make me nauseous.

This is the perfect analogy...

Take the Jones' who have been living large for years and building up large debts over this period. The Jones's have this fantasy that "someday, we'll catch up on our debt...someday". But times are good and now is not the time.

Suddenly a recession comes along and the Jones's debt is piled too high to maintain their lifestyle AND pay down their debt...and Mrs Jones loses her job.

The question is, "what should the Jones's do?"

A. Keep living large and ignore their debt until it goes away

B. Try really, really hard to increase their household income and keep spending at current levels.

C. Cut their household spending drastically to re-align with their income/debt ratio

C'mon folks, there is only one correct answer.
  3. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

Fed lowering GDP projections raises unemployment projections.

Can you say stagflaction, I remember someone around here say his policies would lead to stagflation....

Federal Reserve Lowers GDP, Raises Unemployment And Inflation Projections | zero hedge

My guess is that these projections are optimistic to try and help the administration.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

This from Mort Zukerman, job situation even worse than it appears:

Why the Jobs Situation Is Worse Than It Looks - US News and World Report

16% unemployment summer of recovery anyone?
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +187 / 3 / -10

I've posted the fact that our gov't lies about our unemployment situation every week and the best replies I get are, "So what?"

Guess people are ok with our gov't lying to us.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

Another article on the failure of the pols to deal with the budget in any realistic way:

Residing In Speechworld Lets Obama Fake Reality - Investors.com

7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +125 / 7 / -13

More on Timmy hacking at small business: