Welcome to PatsFans.com

Debating a liberal about Obamas Birth Certificate and Winning

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KDPPatsfan85, Mar 4, 2011.

1. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +194 / 7 / -30

#24 Jersey

2. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -1

Gee, another birther.

Such perpetual emptiness.

3. KDPPatsfan85

KDPPatsfan85 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +194 / 7 / -30

#24 Jersey

Birther since Mr. Soetoro started running!! He never showed a real birth certificate. Im sorry but an internet birth certificate i would not call proof of being born in the US and the fact that the governor of hawaii cant find records of barry being born in hawaii. The governor should go find it in KENYA!!

4. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +466 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

O'bama's driving the slobbering RT Wing Loons CRAZY with this stuff.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +426 / 8 / -4

They're obsessed with him! They made him what he is!
    Oh Jesus Oh Christ

:bricks:

6. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +466 / 11 / -7

#91 Jersey

And hes probably a............shhhhhh :gossip:........M-u-s-l-i-m....Too :eek: :scared:

7. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

Actually, he did show his real birth certificate. Birth certificates are issued by the state and the State department recognizes them as proof of citizenship. If you apply for a birth certificate on Hawaii's web site, you get the document that Obama has made available. What he didn't show is the birth certificate that was given to his parents when he was born, but many people don't have their original birth certificate.

Also he did produce this birth certificate so it could be analyzed physically by the Annenberg center:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/factchecking_obama.html

8. chicowalker

chicowalker Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +426 / 8 / -4

While going through boxes after moving, I came across the birth certificate I needed when I got my passport many years ago.

Not an original -- just a statement of the facts that were on the original and a statement from some town official that the original is on file at my hometown.

That sufficed for a U.S. passport. I'm back to being skeptical as to how many people have actually seen their original birth certificate and how often an original is actually needed.

9. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,485 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Uh, he was vetted through a security clearance process not unlike many undergo in the military and intel community. They examine every piece of your life, and if they vetted him, then not only is he a US citizen, but he's...*gasp*...trustworthy enough to see our nation's most sensitive data!

Seriously, you think the investigators (who generally lean conservative) gave him a free pass? You think they had the wool pulled over their eyes during the course of their investigation, in a way that birthers, with the full scope of Google at their hands, did not?

It's a conspiracy that is just as silly as the 9/11 truther crap.

10. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,998 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Hey ... easy now .... ;)

11. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048 / 15 / -9

Something like 50% of republicans at this point think Obama was born abroad, which is great news.

Consider: Mike Huckabee -- already struggling against the stigma of sounding like he is a member of a family of cartoon bears or something -- has spent the last week saying very stupid things that you guys actually believe. Things like "he was brought up in Kenya" (which he first visited when he was 26,) that he "didn't have a normal upbringing, people like us, we played football and went to boy scouts," when in fact Obama grew up playing basketball & starred on his high school team in Hawaii... that he "went to a Madrasa school," when in fact for the four years he lived in Indonesia he went to a mainly catholic school... the usual shlitz that dum-dums eat up.

Why is Huckabee doing this? Because he doesn't know better? No, because he knows he has to play to idiots who are lost in this sideshow bullcrap in the primaries.

So what are we looking at in 2012, in Republican-land? Union-busting and birther silliness. How will that play in the general election? Yeah. That.

Being in the opposition has its charms. You can say pretty much anything. That's also the problem with being in the opposition. And it gets worse if you get the opportunity to be part of the government, as in the present House, a crew of base-players (one notch above drummers, if you ask me,) who've done absolutely nothing to the benefit of themselves or their party for their first couple of months, and in fact can't, unless they want to lost their base... which is all they have.

Please keep this birther stuff up.

Thanks!

PFnV

12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

At this point in the '08 presidential election cycle there was something like 8 declared candidates. You'd think that with this milquetoast, communist, terrorist-lovin', non-citizen as the incumbent that there would be any number of GOP heavy weights jumping at the opportunity to boot him out. Yet there's not one declared candidate out there.

I guess they must all be rooting through their attics and basements trying to find their original birth certificates.

13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I would actually prefer that our future presidents don't have "an international" upbringing. I would prefer (just my opinion) that all future presidents are born & bread (throughout their childhood) in the good 'ol USA.

I would prefer that as children, they feel no loyalty to any other nation but that which in the future, they may lead. I don't want a president with a kindred or love of any nation but the United States of America.

Hey, maybe I'm just Patriotic, but somehow that has almost become a bad thing to say...what the heck has happened to our nation?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +780 / 14 / -6

#24 Jersey

White bread, I presume?

15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,048 / 15 / -9

Okay, so make sure you vote that way.

That's a little different from claiming that people with broader horizons than yours are disqualified.

And I disagree with you; I do think spending time abroad is a valuable experience. Not so valuable that I'd say everybody must have some time abroad in their early upbringing, but I think it gives him perspective, something that U.S. leaders need as much as any other nation's leaders. We're somewhat cursed by geography... but that's not the same thing as turning ignorance of the rest of the world into a virtue.

I went and visited British relatives for something like 5 or 6 weeks when I was 13. I visited there. I ate a fish-heavier diet. I saw more sheep than cattle in rural areas. I saw that some fairly well-off people did not have mansions and "flats" apartments were considered a normal way many grown-ups to live. There was a slot machine in the hotel lobby. The money was different and had just become decimal. They had comedies with no laugh tracks. The horror!

Should I be able to run for office?

I mean, other than Canada, that's pretty much the most English-speaking, white place I could go. But still, they're pretty damn foreign. Their newspapers were full of headlines that were not from the U.S. point of view... they were more from a poorly-controlled satellite nation's point of view.

It seems my patriotism would be impugned.

On the other hand, if I'd spent every day of my formative years kicking around on the same piece of ground in a U.S. city or suburb, I'd think it represented America as a whole, which it clearly would not. I'd think, if one guy in 20 was black, that the U.S. was 5% black. I'd think, if it were a predominantly poor area, that most of the nation is poor, and if it were predominantly rich, that most of the nation is rich.

How many kids from such upbringings have their eyes opened in their late teens or 20s when they get out into the real world and have to fend for themselves... where they don't have the luxury of clinging to whatever silly ideas they have gotten used to?

Maybe, along the same lines, it is worthwhile to get it out of your system and go abroad early.... realize everybody isn't exactly the same... get some perspective. It could make for far fewer mistakes on the international side.

One more thing... taking a longish trip abroad, I felt way more American than sitting on my butt in America where everything is taken for granted. If people talked down America I was the local American saying "yeah maybe you'd prefer to be speaking German right now" or whatever. And I did my part on behalf of the NFL and taught my brit relatives American football, which was dizzyingly complicated from their points of view. They had incredible fun with the realization that you could actually hit and tackle. I still have memories of my brit cousins guiltily giggling the first time they got someone to the ground. I didn't teach them how to wrap up... they had no idea why I was so GOOD at this damn game...

PFnV

Last edited: Mar 5, 2011
  16. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +1,485 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

An odd thing to say PR. I'm guessing you haven't lived abroad?

I know some people "go native" when they live abroad and such, but my experience and the the experience of most people I know, is that they come back to America with a deeper appreciation for this country. I'm also thinking that someone who has lived abroad has probably a deeper understanding of the pressures that are placed on the American government to conform to the norms of such-and-such a country, and can speak to those issues from the position of experience, rather than rely on lobbyists, who have their own agenda.

I guess I'm of the opinion that experience is a good thing to have, and the more diverse the experience, the better, especially for a leader. Of course, it's a two-edged sword. Generally speaking, the more experience someone has in life, the more they are probably unwilling to submit that experience to the extreme scrutiny that occurs during a Presidential race, no matter how much power is at stake. It's one of the reasons why I'm wary of modern Presidential candidates as a rule. If someone wants power that badly, it just makes me wonder.

[/hungover ramblings]

17. Nikolai

Ratings:
    +1,485 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Exactly the sentiment I was hitting on in my post.

Solid post, PFinV.

18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

This has been my contention since the onset of this folly, does anyone think that George Bush and his minions with the resources of the FBI, CIA, NSA and the rest of the security "alphabet agencies" could not figure out his citizenship??

If they did not know it our security is a complete failure.. if they did know it and failed to report it then they are complicit and accessories to this "crime" as they failed to report this..

Birthers are probably on the scale of dumbness to intelligent, right next to a rock..

19. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

My guess is that you do not subscribe to a "world view" of how things work, the "Merican" way is the best and only way.

Perhaps a better alternative is to have a group of superintelligent women in the midwest bear children from the sperm of Gingrich, Romney, Huckabee and after birth send them to the finest private schools, never travel to see how the world works... then when they get old enough get them involved with Politics with the goal of presidency..

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,129 / 3 / -10

Dear President Jug Ears:
    Show Us The Original Birth Certificate Or Get Out Of The White House.

That Yellow Piece Of Sh!t You Showed Us Don't Cut It, Dude.

Thank You
    Harry Boy