PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deaths affect Belichick, but not his routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattM

Rookie
Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted before...It was written on Aug 1st , but posted in todays Cape Cod Times Sports Section...First part of article is about the deaths in Belichick's life and how it has affected him...I found the last part of article interesting in that we have so many posts here at PatsFans about whether or not He is staying for long term...

Newsweek...Bob Glauber:http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/ny-spglaub015315535aug01,0,6599734.column

""In some ways, it makes you stronger, but in some ways, it makes you softer," he said. "It's your feelings, the mortality that all of us have, how fragile life really is. It could have been any one of us. We've all done stuff that we could have ended up in really bad shape. You have to move on. You don't go around thinking about it all the time, and it doesn't affect decisions. But at the same time, you do think of it."

Yet there may be more contentedness on Belichick's part, especially in terms of his coaching career. In his 33rd season of coaching and his 13th as a head coach, Belichick expressed deep satisfaction.

"The situation here is good for me in several ways," he said. "Everything that goes into the operation I am comfortable with."

How much longer does he plan on coaching the Patriots?

"I don't envision feeling differently anytime soon," he said.

In the meantime, there is work to be done. Always another practice. Another film session. Another team meeting.

"Got a long way to go," he said before hustling to a news conference, then going to watch tape of the morning workout. "Got a lot of work to do.""

Last edited:
It was posted before in one of the "what is BB's future?" threads...still nice to read though. :cool:

Thanks for posting this again. I missed it the first time, and it provides some information on BB that not many in the media are able to get from the coach.

He is truly successful in separating his professional and personal feelings and lives, and this is something that confuses many and frustrates the media to no end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes