PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Death" to the Patriot Dynasty (Mergedx3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Giants in black for whose funeral??????

None of this stuff really matters...at least that's what the Giants must think.

It's interesting that the team that is the big underdog and that hasn't been here before is making all the big statements and gestures.

The better course is to let your play do the talking and talk after the game. I'm glad the Giants, like many before them, don't understand that.

This is where the parallels the media is loving to draw between the NYG and XXXVI Pats stops.

Re: "Death" to the Patriot Dynasty(Merged)

I cant wait till they pipe the giants via three manning ints!

The hits just keep on coming. It's true that a team should not need any extra motivation. But when a player is out on the field and getting a little tired, thing like this pop into his head to help him reach a little deeper.

Unbelievable that these guys would pull this stunt. I'm sure that Tom C is very happy about this.

Re: "Death" to the Patriot Dynasty

Bon Jovi? I thought he owned the Giants...or did he sell them?

I could be wrong, but I think the Maras still have the majority stake, and Tisch has a minority holding. BTW, if anyone misconstrued my comment about "minority" I sincerely apologize. I meant it as a business term, and it was poorly worded.

There’s a reason each member of the Giants arrived in Phoenix wearing a black suit yesterday. They were dressed for a funeral.

The deceased? The Patriots dynasty.

Word out of New York today was that the players, in what was supposed to remain a private show of self-confidence, donned their funeral garb to signify the belief that the Patriots’ perfect season will conclude with a most imperfect finish.

The idea for the suits belonged to linebacker Antonio Pierce, who told the media it just represented the fact that the Giants were on a business trip.

“It’s just a team unity thing,” said wide receiver Amani Toomer. “That’s how this team is. We follow along.”

However, word trickled out today that the Giants had other intentions. When wide receiver Plaxico Burress was asked if the suits were meant for business or a funeral, he just smiled.

“It’s a business trip,” he said. “It could be both.”

Make of that what you will.

What I make out of this is that these "giants" are turning into punks, big time. I mean, to have the smack to wear these "funeral" suits but then to play coy about, a la Burress above??!!! What's up with that? "could be both"???

Yeah, a funeral, and I think I know who's its going to be, and I don't mean Flying Elvis's.

//

Re: "Death" to the Patriot Dynasty

If the Pats did this you guys would all be pumped and saying how awesome it is.

Teams do all sorts of fruity things for displays of team unity, who cares?

And here lies the point: The Patriots would never do this. Show me somewhere where the Patriots did something like this. They haven't.

The behavior of the players contributed to the atmosphere of the game. In one famous incident, while the Penn State players arrived in suits and ties, the Miami football players arrived in Arizona dressed alike, in combat fatigues.

This is exactly what I was thinking MD, how did that stunt work out for the heavily favored 'Canes?

This is where the parallels the media is loving to draw between the NYG and XXXVI Pats stops.
:yeahthat:

Good post. The sad part for me is that I root for the Giants in the NFC and when they don't play against the Pats. But I think I might have to re-evaluate that allegiance for the future. What they need now is for Coughlin to step in, make a statement, and rein them in before it gets any more out of hand. As the saying goes, "act like you've been there before."

I know I defended Plaxico for his score prediciton yesterday, but this is friggin stupid. They are now asking to get embarassed, and the Pats will be more than happy to oblige.

So, what's the first half over/under for the Pats? I would say 30-35.

Wow! The Giants are approaching this game as a textbook example on how not to carry yourself prior to the Super Bowl. Guaranting wins (even Joe Namath wasn't dumb enough to guarantee a win on camera), wearing black suits, acting like they are the better team and will have no problem winning. Their attitude reminds me more of the Rams before the Super Bowl. They have bought the media hype and their confidence has turned into overconfidence.

The Pats, on the other hand, are workman-like. Yes, they seem a little looser than they have been in other Super Bowls, but they still seem focused, confident while not overconfident, and respectful of their competition.

I think there is a decent chance this game may already be lost for Giants because they are caught up in the whole Super Bowl hoopla.

The hits just keep on coming. It's true that a team should not need any extra motivation. But when a player is out on the field and getting a little tired, thing like this pop into his head to help him reach a little deeper.

Unbelievable that these guys would pull this stunt. I'm sure that Tom C is very happy about this.

Why would this make Tom Curran happy?

Or are you talking about Tom Carron, which makes even less sense?

;)

Why the Giants wore black...are they that dumb?

ZDon't know if this was mentioned...but it seems WHY they wore black was that they wanted to unite as a team and to wear black because they were going to the Patriot's funeral. Can you believe how dumb these Giants are???
I was thinking how Mayor Mumbles screwed with karma with his PUBLIC talk of the parade...but what dumbness it is doing that and saying that.
I am not a Felger fan, but he was all over this and said teh ONLY dumbest thing was Miami when they wore fatigues and got their ass kicked in the Fiesta Bowl. How dumb is that>> How do you think teh pats react to that??

Re: Why the Giants wore black...are they that dumb?

How do you think teh pats react to that??

My guess: they laugh, then promptly forget all about it.

Re: "Death" to the Patriot Dynasty (Merged)

I think they're acting smarter and more unified than any team I've seen prepare for the Patriots this season. They came to win. Good for them.

Black suits for whose funeral?

I have read the Giants showed up in Arizona wearing black suits to attend the funeral of the Pats undefeated season. It reminds me of the Miami game back in December, 2003, with the weather ****ty at Foxboro and the Miami players getting off the plane dressed in Hawaian shirts and shorts. They were vying for division at the time, and we ended up clobbering them (it was the snow bowl game, I believe, where Bruschi had the short interception for touchdown and everyone threw up the snow to Gary Glitter's Rock and Roll, Part II).

I think stunts like that are juvenile and probably show an insecurity. The Patriots are all business. I heard a caller to a radio talk show the other day complaing how we're so corporate with all this "one game at a time" mantra. What does he want? A Mannyesque "oh well, if we lose we lose" attitude? Maybe his team has one, which is why he hates the Pats (because we win). And the reason why we win is we focus on football and not off-the-field antics like showing up in black suits or guaranteeing a win.

We are all about preparation, and the last time the Giants caught us off gaurd. We'll be ready for the "new" Eli this time. That's why I think we will win.

Re: "Death" to the Patriot Dynasty (Mergedx2)

The Giants are acting like a team that needs to bring side show gimmicks to Arizona to get noticed. They have suceeded...nobody is talking about their game.

I could be wrong, but it seems like the Giants are more concerned about matching suits and sunglasses than what to do when their opponent lines up in a particular formation. To me, this is very good news for Pats fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes