PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Death of Fan before Sept. 12 Game (RIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Death of Fan before Sept. 11 Game (RIP)

Wow, that is really sad news. You just never know what life has in store for you, so enjoy it to the fullest each day.

I guess the guy who hit brady - well his dad, took a turn for the worse as well. I hope he ends up being ok. The driver still insists he had a green light, but the cops cited him for running a red, so I think he is fibbing. Hope his dad recovers though.

Incredibly sad news. I have children that age too.

Best wishes for what its worth to his family during this dark time.

R.I.P. to the guy who brought tears to my eyes today, and kind of spoiled our great win on Sunday. As a father, all i have done for the last 5 hours is think about his son who was with him. Its moments like this that all i want to do is hug my kids and tell them how much i love them. Sad sad story even for me here in Bahrain. Peace. Abdul.

Seems like theres much more to the story. The kid was told he could run alon the sidelines and get some pictures taken, while he was doing that security came along, the father got into an argument about his son being on the field.

Chicopee man who suffered apparent fatal heart attack at New England Patriot's game had reportedly been arguing with Gillette stadium staffer | masslive.com

OXBOROUGH – A 40-year-old Chicopee man who suffered an apparent fatal heart attack Sunday while attending the New England Patriot’s season opener at Gillette Stadium with his 6-year-old son had reportedly been involved in heated argument with a stadium staffer a short time before.

Dwayne Hunter, 27, a military police officer from New Brunswick, Canada, told the Sun Chronicle that the man’s son had been standing next to the field with a Patriot’s banner when officials invited him onto the field to run along the sidelines and get pictures.

While the boy was on the field and the father was against the rail near his seat taking pictures, a stadium security staff member approached the father and said that his son did not have credentials to be on the field, according to the article, which cited Hunter.

Last edited:

Very sad news :( Thoughts go to the family!

So sorry for the families lost! My kids lost their dad last year on Christmas Eve, and it's still difficult for them. Bless the 6 yr old! He will really need it. So sad!

Sounds like an unfortunate series of events. Some staff see the kid and let him on the field. Another staffer doing his job and the man suffers a heart attack. Can't blame the staffer on a heart attack that was just lying in the wings waiting to happen. Feel real bad for the boy and his mom and the family. There's no right time to die unfortunately.

The razor staff was fully prepared for such a day and they said the plans worked perfectly - except the man still passed away. Hopefully he had life insurance for his wife and boy to survive on.

Terrible, a Dad taking his son to a game would be something the boy would remember forever, now a nightmare. Tough to deal with.

Prayers and condolences to the family.

really terrible...condolences to the family...very very sad

His name was Jeffrey Chartier. A memorial scholarship fund has been established for his two children:

Tedy and Amber Chartier Education Fund
c/o Polish National Credit Union
46 Main Street
Chicopee, MA 01020

Services:

The funeral for Jeff will be held on Friday morning at 8:45 am from the Ryder Funeral Home, 33 Lamb St., South Hadley, followed by a Funeral Mass at 10 am in Holy Name of Jesus Parish, 33 South St., Chicopee, with his burial to follow in West Cemetery in Granby. Calling hours for Jeff will be held on Thursday from 4-8 pm at the funeral home.

Obit Jeffrey A. Chartier Obituary: View Jeffrey Chartier's Obituary by The Republican

40 years old is tool young.. condolences.

Hey everybody, go hug your kids. If you were going to do that anyway, hug them again. Then hug your Dad.

I just saw this:

He is survived by his wife, Kimberly Ann (Girard) Chartier and his children Tedy and Amber.

His six year-old son's name was Tedy. I can only think of one other guy on the planet who spells his name like that. The dude was a true fan, and my heart breaks for his boy.

Rivalry aside, this is a tough story to read.

See ya Sunday.

Last edited:

Just reading the comments section after that article makes me more proud of the people on this website and truly astonished at the people on their's.

Last year I took my (then) 9 year old son up to Fenway for his first game there. It still remains a forever memory for the two of us on a sun dappled afternoon. I am a bit emotional thinking about that little boy and his family. My heart breaks for them.

Last edited:

Prayers go out to the family.
Suggestion to the moderators. Seems like this thread is sticking around. Could we change the title to honor the person instead of "the guy". This is the ultimate Patriots site, and he passed at a place where he undoubtedly enjoyed. Just a thought, thanks.

Re: Death of Fan before Sept. 11 Game (RIP)

Prayers go out to the family.
Suggestion to the moderators. Seems like this thread is sticking around. Could we change the title to honor the person instead of "the guy". This is the ultimate Patriots site, and he passed at a place where he undoubtedly enjoyed. Just a thought, thanks.

Yes. Definitely. Looks as if it's already been done.

RIP.

Not to be overly picky, but the game was played on Sept 12th not Sept 11.

I just saw this:

His six year-old son's name was Tedy. I can only think of one other guy on the planet who spells his name like that. The dude was a true fan, and my heart breaks for his boy.

Named after Bru...ugh this is a heartbreaking story through and through, like right to your core. I'll bet if Bru knows this he'll do something for that little boy, I'd bet on it.

What a horrible thing, Godspeed to them all. :(

RIP, be well wherever u are

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey