PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Pats Fans...September's Game of the Month!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think "toning down" the emotion will be a liability of sorts, just as the emotion itself was. But perhaps it can be put on the back burner to simmer, along with the realization that they're perenniel also-rans.

I think they're so primed for another crack at their "daddy" in game 2, this is becoming their super bowl.

I also think the theory of professional, "toned down" play is great. But nobody has seen Merriman play without wildly celebrating everything from lacing up his cleats correctly, to successfully eluding steroid testering for one more week.

I can see that guy when he comes home at night... turns on the light (good for a flex or two,) walks into the kitchen (perhaps a sceam of "YEAH Baby! That's how you walk in a KITCHEN!", gets a beer, closes the door, and does the LIGHTS OUT dance.

I'm just saying "tone it down" might not be the nature of these individuals.

Lady Tom showed his mental toughness last year, with his two-week-long poutdown. Rivers - not so much a QB as an extension of Antonio Gates' hands - whined his way to the nickname "Cry Me a Rivers," crying that Hobbs is the "sorriest corner in the league," while Hobbs was making known his opinion of Merriman's dance in light of the Pats' victory.

These are the guys that are going to become Robots From Da Futuh.

Well, win or lose, you guys have nice beaches.

PFnV

And a great zoo!

Re: Dear Pats Fans........September's Game of the Month!

Hey Caryl - welcome back - when you returned after your loss last year, you showed true class!!

Good luck this year and I hope you can survive the early part of the season as you try to get used to a whole new staff.

Waaay too much talent on your team to not win your division IMHO. Denver will be tough, as usual , seems Shanny has had a pretty good off season, but you guys can handle them. KC is Hermville, so no worries there and Oakland remains a joke.

Don't be a stranger, your a good guy man.

I kind of think Oakland may cause some trouble in the division games (but in the end not do much else). They have an up and coming defense. All they need is another DL and LB (and a new owner and a HC that has some experience).

......."you know me,I've always been a classy guy"

LT's classless statement...still burns in my mind.What a pompeous ass.

The trouble with the Chargers is that their egos are writting checks,that their bodies can't cash.

They're going to tone down their emotions?

Pleeze.....This from a team that felt it should have been "awarded" a spot in the SB?

A sack dance by steroidman for a quarterback pressure?.....Pathetic!

Here we are.....in your way..come and get us.:rocker:

LT was classy enough to recognize his mistake and publicly apologize to Bill B for his post-game remarks.

Understand that "toning" down their emotions is the desired expectation of some Bolts Fans not something that has been publicly expressed by all the players and likewise it is some fans and not players who feel thier team should be "awarded" a spot in the SB. An "awarded" feeling both Pats and Bolts Fans likely still share from last season and in the case of Pats Fans understandably felt every season. ;)

I must say I felt exactly the same way when Junior use to make similar "plays" and celebrate in a similar way of what typically became a meaningless play on the following one.:mad:

And in my toned down emotionalism you guys are not "in the way", you guys are along the way.:D

Last edited:
LT was classy enough to recognize his mistake and publicly apologize to Bill B for his post-game remarks.

Understand that "toning" down their emotions is the desired expectation of some Bolts Fans not something that has been publicly expressed by all the players and likewise it is some fans and not players who feel thier team should be "awarded" a spot in the SB. An "awarded" feeling both Pats and Bolts Fans likely still share from last season and in the case of Pats Fans understandably felt every season. ;)

I must say I felt exactly the same way when Junior use to make similar "plays" and celebrate in a similar way of what typically became a meaningless play on the following one.:mad:

And in my toned down emotionalism you guys are not "in the way", you guys are along the way.:D

Okay so the Great Tonedown Theory is just what the fans want the Bolts to do, rather than some team focusing mission?

I kind of think Oakland may cause some trouble in the division games (but in the end not do much else). They have an up and coming defense. All they need is another DL and LB (and a new owner and a HC that has some experience).

They had one of the best defenses last year and the addition of the talented and experienced Culpepper at quarterback is not a happy development.

I think they're so primed for another crack at their "daddy" in game 2, this is becoming their super bowl.
Seeing as though SD has got the Colts, Jaguars, and Ravens coming up after NE it's not likely SD is viewing it as their "SB". No, not. Win or lose I think everyone on the team fully understands it's all about the post season. I think that's what everyone would like to see again. ;)

......."you know me,I've always been a classy guy"

LT's classless statement...still burns in my mind.What a pompeous ass.

The trouble with the Chargers is that their egos are writting checks,that their bodies can't cash.

They're going to tone down their emotions?

Pleeze.....This from a team that felt it should have been "awarded" a spot in the SB?

A sack dance by steroidman for a quarterback pressure?.....Pathetic!

Here we are.....in your way..come and get us.:rocker:
We'll be there soon enough. ;)

They had one of the best defenses last year and the addition of the talented and experienced Culpepper at quarterback is not a happy development.

Dante's best days are behind him.
The guy is a gimp.
But I would worry some about Oakland's D.

Last edited:

Dante's best days are behind him.
The guy is a gimp.
But I would worry some about Oakland's D.

Whether gimpy or not, he is a better quarterback than anyone they have had recently.

And understand I did not mean to imply we are worried about Dante, just that his signing with Oakland was not a cause for celebration.;)

csfoster, it is nice to see a fan with some class.

It's true, I talk smack about competitors no matter what the sport. It's human nature. But it takes a classy person to admit when things didn't go their teams way. The playoff game between us last season could have very easily belonged to you.

Heck I talk crap about Jeff Gordon and the dreaded Yankees, but I will give them credit for the ability that they possess as I will do with the Chargers. They have amazing talent and I am lookiing forward to the first home game of the season.

I must admit though, I will be ones of the ones booing as loudly as possible when LDainian Tomlinson takes the field. :D

csfoster, good luck to you and your Chargers in that game and during your season. Stay Classy.

csfoster, it is nice to see a fan with some class.

It's true, I talk smack about competitors no matter what the sport. It's human nature. But it takes a classy person to admit when things didn't go their teams way. The playoff game between us last season could have very easily belonged to you.

Heck I talk crap about Jeff Gordon and the dreaded Yankees, but I will give them credit for the ability that they possess as I will do with the Chargers. They have amazing talent and I am lookiing forward to the first home game of the season.

I must admit though, I will be ones of the ones booing as loudly as possible when LDainian Tomlinson takes the field. :D

csfoster, good luck to you and your Chargers in that game and during your season. Stay Classy.

I would like to "think" I have a little more than just "some" but I also know in the end, as LT has hopefully learned, that it is up to others to "say" whether one has any class at all and better some than none. ;)

Thank You and Same to You!:)

Dear Pats Fans,

Finally finally the 2007 NFL Season is here! And while you can rest assured that we are not looking past our opening match-up of the week game against the Bears and likewise we know you guys are not looking past your divisional rival Jets, we both know we and everyone else are looking forward to the 1st Big Game of the new season as in the following week's September's Game of the Month!:)

Can not wait till Monday after next to really start jabbing with you guys prior to it.:D

Meanwhile, great luck with the Jets although you should not need much.;)

Looking Forward Not Past!

Caryl

PS: Sorry to hear about Rodney. :(

Can not wait till Monday after next to really start jabbing with you guys prior to it.

LOL.. Yes, especially since I'm the hated "PATFAN" overthere.. I can't wait to start the jabbing, I'll wait until that Monday after the Jets... :) Good Luck against the Bears...

LOL.. Yes, especially since I'm the hated "PATFAN" overthere.. I can't wait to start the jabbing,...
So what is the difference between you and aqua4ever? A troll is a troll.

Dear Pats Fans,

Congratulations on your victory over the Jets today. We in San Diego expected it but must admit we did not think you would be so dominating against them. And we must say that Randy Moss in particular was spectacular.

And while not nearly as dominating in our first game as you were in yours, we nonetheless also did the expected and beat the Bears at home thus setting up the First Big Game of the New Season..........

September's Game of the Month!

It is going to be a fun week talking with you guys in earnest.:D

Let the Fun Begin!

Caryl

Dear Pats Fans,

Congratulations on your victory over the Jets today. We in San Diego expected it but must admit we did not think you would be so dominating against them. And we must say that Randy Moss in particular was spectacular.

And while not nearly as dominating in our first game as you were in yours, we nonetheless also did the expected and beat the Bears at home thus setting up the First Big Game of the New Season..........

September's Game of the Month!

It is going to be a fun week talking with you guys in earnest.:D

Let the Fun Begin!

Caryl

I was surprised at how much trouble the Chargers had today against the Bears. I figured the Chargers to do much better than they did.

I will say one thing. Eric Weddle looked good on the safety blitz, though Desmond Clark should have at least bumped him instead of letting him right by.

I was surprised at how much trouble the Chargers had today against the Bears. I figured the Chargers to do much better than they did.

I will say one thing. Eric Weddle looked good on the safety blitz, though Desmond Clark should have at least bumped him instead of letting him right by.

Overall, I give the Bears defense a lot of credit more so than suffer from any real anxiety about our lack of scoring against them.;)

Bottom-line is we held Hester in check, shut-down their running game, made the key plays in the secondary when needed, made a few offensive adjustments in the 2nd half, and most importantly won a close game to put to rest other teams (and their fans) great hopes that Norv would take the charge out of the Chargers.:D

An indeed Eric Weddle is a "player". :)

Last edited:

Sigh. The Bears D does not suck dude. When they're up and ready, the way they play, the only way you win is ugly.

Sigh. The Bears D does not suck dude. When they're up and ready, the way they play, the only way you win is ugly.
Yeah, we know...the Pats made four turnovers against that D last year, and we still beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back