PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dear Bill, put Chad in the Game!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much sophisticated knowledge do you think Bernard Berrian has? Here's a play for Chad:

1. Run just as fast as you can down the field.

2. When the ball comes, catch it...or make the defender commit a penallty (just like that last time this play was run...tho the penalty was clearly committed, it wasn't called.)

Howz that?

How much sophisticated knowledge do you think Bernard Berrian has? Here's a play for Chad:

1. Run just as fast as you can down the field.

2. When the ball comes, catch it...or make the defender commit a penallty (just like that last time this play was run...tho the penalty was clearly committed, it wasn't called.)

Howz that?

Berrian isn't that fast (4.5). He runs great routes, avoids the press and has top notch technique, which allows him to be a consistent deep threat.

Berrian isn't that fast (4.5). He runs great routes, avoids the press and has top notch technique, which allows him to be a consistent deep threat.

Posts like this are why I love this board.

R

Chad has been in the game. Brown and Caldwell are simply better at this point.

It would be interesting to know of the 31% how many plays were runnign plays and how many were actually passing.
Inactive with a groin injury

When are yo guys going to get it He has been injured and has not mastered the play book dont look for him to help us this year give him the offseason but for now put him on special teams.

Any ex collage players here?
Maybe I am dumb but to me a WR's job is not that difficult as other positions. They call the route and you RUN IT. Brady throws the ball and you try to caught it.
Am i missing something? If he is hurt I understand but if he's not than i don't uderstand.

Dude, we get that.:) So make the playbook simple for him. Deep post, Z corner, and fly. Its doable. Thats not the reason he's not getting any throws. We just dont know what that reason is unfortunately!!:(

who knows, maybe chad will have a breakout on sunday!!

Any ex collage players here?
Maybe I am dumb but to me a WR's job is not that difficult as other positions. They call the route and you RUN IT. Brady throws the ball and you try to caught it.
Am i missing something? If he is hurt I understand but if he's not than i don't uderstand.
You are missing so, so much. You have the box, but you are missing all the pieces to the puzzle.

Here is what goes on on your average high school / low-brow college passing play:

(1) Play is called. Play calls for flanker and tight end nearside, split end far side, to be joined by the tailback motioning out of the backfield. Routes are to be post / chute and slant / out, respectively.
(2) At line, flanker notices free safety creeping past his coverage spot towards the line. He and tight end begin calling hot audible. QB hears and cancels the tailback motion into doubles, and keeps him in strongside for protection.
(3) It is now obvious the defense is in zero coverage. Outside receiver routes change to seam routes. Tight end changes to option route against sam linebacker.
(4) Just before snap of ball defense falls back to what becomes obvious is cover two. Receivers must convert seam routes to burst routes (15 yard speed outs) from the seam. Tight end must change option route to hook to fit in gap between dropping linebackers.

As a former cornerback it was real obvious to me what teams were running static routes and what teams were making adjustments on the fly. Shutting down the former was real easy because you could eventually deceipher what they were going to do based upon how they lined up, what the situation was, and what they did in their first three steps off the line.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Bill Belichick's offense doesn't make use of many "just go here" routes.

I've always been of the mindset that BB has plans for Chad and that he's going to be our big playoff surprise. I keep getting the feeling there's more to this whole situation than meets the eye lately,more than what we know, and certainly more than BB would ever let on.
He's talented and I'm not even sure I buy his long-standing act about still "learning the plays". If he hasn't figured out even the most basic routes by now,injuries or not,he never will.
Obviously I refuse to let "facts" get in my way:bricks: so my opinion is Chad will play a more prominent role during the playoffs and hopefully come up big for us at that time. Opponents will just see a rookie who's had a disappointing showing thus far,and no doubt BB will take full advantage of this perception.Having made full use of Chad's injury time and talent,BB and Co. will come up with something very interesting when the time is right.

You are missing so, so much. You have the box, but you are missing all the pieces to the puzzle.

Here is what goes on on your average high school / low-brow college passing play:

(1) Play is called. Play calls for flanker and tight end nearside, split end far side, to be joined by the tailback motioning out of the backfield. Routes are to be post / chute and slant / out, respectively.
(2) At line, flanker notices free safety creeping past his coverage spot towards the line. He and tight end begin calling hot audible. QB hears and cancels the tailback motion into doubles, and keeps him in strongside for protection.
(3) It is now obvious the defense is in zero coverage. Outside receiver routes change to seam routes. Tight end changes to option route against sam linebacker.
(4) Just before snap of ball defense falls back to what becomes obvious is cover two. Receivers must convert seam routes to burst routes (15 yard speed outs) from the seam. Tight end must change option route to hook to fit in gap between dropping linebackers.

As a former cornerback it was real obvious to me what teams were running static routes and what teams were making adjustments on the fly. Shutting down the former was real easy because you could eventually deceipher what they were going to do based upon how they lined up, what the situation was, and what they did in their first three steps off the line.

I'm going to hazard a guess that Bill Belichick's offense doesn't make use of many "just go here" routes.

And here is further info on maybe why the underachieving Chad has not been featured as much as the Forum experts fantasize, "I was really focusing on getting my injury healed, I wasn’t as focused on the playbook as I am now. I’m learning the offense more and getting acclimated into the offense more. It’s getting better." Hey, he's only had 6 months of coaching on those plays. Give him time.

Sunday would be a very good day to put the brain in gear and deliver a decent on field contribution. Move the chains a few times.

this is truly illuminating stuff. keep it coming. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing