DeAngelo Williams has obscene stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I never really looked at this guys stats but I will say that they are total off the charts. The guy actually has some size to him as well. If he is there at #21 I will not be sorry the Patriots picked him. You gotta see this kids statistics.

Make sure to see his stats from previous seasons as well.............unreal.
OBSCENE:

Main Entry: ob·scene
Pronunciation: äb-'sEn, &b-
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle French, from Latin obscenus, obscaenus

: So excessive as to be offensive <obscene wealth> <obscene waste> <OBSCENE YARDAGE>

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamelog?playerId=133410&year=2005

Last edited:
Oh by the way..............NOT ONE CAREER FUMBLE.

MrTibbs said:
Oh by the way..............NOT ONE CAREER FUMBLE.

He carried the ball a lot in college and that could cause some teams to push him down the board..

Yeah true but it does show durability. Like you said team scouts might consider him a high mileage player.

Let's also consider Conference USA's strength, and just in general all of the teams Williams has played have been craptastic. I'd rather have Maroney.

1. Bush
2. Maroney
3. Williams
4. White (lazy fatass with terrible attitude)

drew4008 said:
Let's also consider Conference USA's strength, and just in general all of the teams Williams has played have been craptastic. I'd rather have Maroney.

1. Bush
2. Maroney
3. Williams

Tomlinson didnt exactly play in a great conference either.

R_T26 said:
Tomlinson didnt exactly play in a great conference either.
I know, there are obviously exceptions to every rule. And I can understand how people could love Williams, I just don't.

drew4008 said:

1. Bush
2. Maroney
3. Williams

maroney's o-line was the best in the country....opened up interstates for him to run through....he's still good, but how good?

Williams has been extremely consistant for the last 3 years too. Anybody know if he's ever had a significant injury (or any injury that's kept him out of a game)?

Don't you wonder why so he has so few pass receptions? Either no one is throwing him the ball or he isn't catching anything. Dillon, Faulk and Pass can all catch. So what would we do with this guy?

ayjackson said:
maroney's o-line was the best in the country....opened up interstates for him to run through....he's still good, but how good?

Isn't that called Ron Dayne syndrome?????

Williams would have been the 2nd RB taken last year.

dryheat44 said:
Williams would have been the 2nd RB taken last year.

If he was/is better than Benson and Williams who were taken #4 and #5 last year, why is he projected to go so low (mid teens or lower)? I'm not disagreeing and I hope he does fall to #21 and I do think he is in the class of them but I think he may have been taken right after them. Whether we want to admit it or not, there is bias against smaller conferences and Memphis isn't Auburn or Texas
and its schedule doesn't have to face the Alabamas and Oklahomas of the world.
He's about the same size (5'9" versus 5'10"/5'11" and 208 to their 215/222) and speed is about the same so I'd say he Could have been the second RB taken last year but not he Would have been.

Maroney isn't that big also.......the Patriots have proven that they like HB's with some bulk. Maroney is only around 205 lbs. if Im correct. Williams is more toward 220.

The second back taken last year? Over Benson and Cadilac? I don't see that...

MrTibbs said:
Maroney isn't that big also.......the Patriots have proven that they like HB's with some bulk. Maroney is only around 205 lbs. if Im correct. Williams is more toward 220.
Maroney is a shade under 6' and now up to 217, very respectable size.

Mainefan said:
Don't you wonder why so he has so few pass receptions? Either no one is throwing him the ball or he isn't catching anything. Dillon, Faulk and Pass can all catch. So what would we do with this guy?

Williams acknowledged that he needs to work on his pass-catching skills in a recent interview, but he also said that because Memphis was forced to use a WR at QB because of injuries, that was a significant factor in him not seeing as many receptions as he would have liked.

It's so hard to figure out what the Patriots are going to do with their draft pick. I still have a feeling we will see them trade down for an additional pick in round 2 and another pick in 2007's draft.

drew4008 said:

1. Bush
2. Maroney
3. Williams

Even though he played in Conference USA, the Memphis starting qb was injured the whole year and Williams basically was handed the ball on every play. Every team knew he was getting the ball and they would stack the line and he still put up obscene stats. I'm not sure how the Memphis OL is, but it can't be as good as Maroney's. I think the lack of a starting qb is also the reason that Williams didn't catch a lot of passes either. He showed ability to catch the ball at the Senior Bowl though. I think there is a good chance that Williams has a better pro career than Reggie Bush. After all, Williams wasn't playing with a team of All-Americans.

drewdagreat said:
The second back taken last year? Over Benson and Cadilac? I don't see that...

Before he announced he was staying in school, he was in the mix with those guys. Actually, at the time Benson was #1, so my initial statement was misleading. It is entirely possible that his stock would have dropped before the draft. It seems to have dropped slightly from then to now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back