PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deangelo Williams article makes me nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
KDP -
I read the article and I get the exact opposite feeling that you do. The kid has great focus and doesn't worry about what other people think. He thinks football is FUN and not WORK. That doesn't tell me that he has a poor attitude. I want a kid with that attitude. Its the attitude too many people have forgotten. Football is a GAME. Yes, its a multi-billion dollar business, but its still a game. LIFE and DEATH do not hinge upon the outcome of the game.

DaBruinz said:
KDP -
I read the article and I get the exact opposite feeling that you do. The kid has great focus and doesn't worry about what other people think. He thinks football is FUN and not WORK. That doesn't tell me that he has a poor attitude. I want a kid with that attitude. Its the attitude too many people have forgotten. Football is a GAME. Yes, its a multi-billion dollar business, but its still a game. LIFE and DEATH do not hinge upon the outcome of the game.
I hear you and did see that point as well. I was a bit torn, but there were some comments re: pro ball not being important and weighing the options regarding salary which seemed to have made his decision...i see your point though. Just makes me nervous....

I'll say this, his hands are not all that good. Watched him run some drills, he had absolute stone hands in them. Couldn't catch anything that wasn't inside his body.

KDPpatsfan said:
I hear you and did see that point as well. I was a bit torn, but there were some comments re: pro ball not being important and weighing the options regarding salary which seemed to have made his decision...i see your point though. Just makes me nervous....

See, I didn't get that he didn't think that Pro ball was important. What I read was that he was focused on the task at hand and not thinking about the future.

Even the thing about the NFL Scouts showing up and him not playing on an injured ankle. Well, what's the point of playing on an injured ankle if there is a strong possibility of it getting worse and inhibiting you even more?

As for Richter's comments, that is good to know because I hadn't heard that about him. Williams having stone hands is a bigger issue in my book because that would make him one dimensional.

DaBruinz said:
See, I didn't get that he didn't think that Pro ball was important. What I read was that he was focused on the task at hand and not thinking about the future.

Even the thing about the NFL Scouts showing up and him not playing on an injured ankle. Well, what's the point of playing on an injured ankle if there is a strong possibility of it getting worse and inhibiting you even more?

As for Richter's comments, that is good to know because I hadn't heard that about him. Williams having stone hands is a bigger issue in my book because that would make him one dimensional.
Though in fairness, Corey doesn't exactly wow you with his hands.... I'm not sure anyone could seriously look at Williams and a recieving threat. He's a runner pure and simple.

Last edited:
Why do we care? Are we really going to spend a #1 pick on a RB not named Lendale White? Isn't Williams 5'8" or something? No thanks.

patsox23 said:
Why do we care? Are we really going to spend a #1 pick on a RB not named Lendale White? Isn't Williams 5'8" or something? No thanks.
I,m not sold on White either b/c he was only used for specialized situations....

I don't like Williams to begin with. He's a good runner, but has poor hands and is nonexistant as a blocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back