PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DeAngelo Hall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MNF opener where he tried covering rookie Eddie Royal was telling. Royal abused him and not just on simple routes like outrunning him deep. Royal toyed with Hall, getting him to bite on every move while taking him inside, outside, deep and short. You would have sworn Royal was the vet and Hall was the rook. And all this without Brandon Marshall on the other side as he was suspended.

He wasn't a player that had quit on his piss-poor team. He was a player who outright stunk.

Regards,
Chris

What do we have to lose?

DO IT.

Last edited:
What do we have to lose?

DO IT.

We would have to lose another player. and with the health in our secondary you can't give up one of the guys who have been with us so now you are taking away from another position.

I would be much more comfortable if Rodney was still in the locker room enforcing some discipline on the DBs, but why wouldn't you sign him for the minimum and if he's a cancer cut him.

I think Hall will get an offer from Dallas that is better than the minimum so I won't be holding my breath until Hall wears a Pats uniform.

I would be much more comfortable if Rodney was still in the locker room enforcing some discipline on the DBs, but why wouldn't you sign him for the minimum and if he's a cancer cut him.

I think Hall will get an offer from Dallas that is better than the minimum so I won't be holding my breath until Hall wears a Pats uniform.

That would be freaking awsome if the Cowboys replaced Pacman with Hall :D

That would be freaking awsome if the Cowboys replaced Pacman with Hall :D
Yeah, and then have Jones re-instated with adjoining lockers.
Would bring a whole new meaning to reality TV.

Normally I would be wary of bringing in a guy with his history. I do think he's possibly the most overrated corner in the league, but I'm looking at our Thursday injury report... Wheatley doesn't practice for the second day in a row, and Ellis is still limited.

If we can get him for a low price "prove-it" half a season, he can provide depth and who knows... maybe you catch lightning in a bottle for a stretch run.

I'm not holding my breath on this one. Isn't this the same source who claimed the Pats were bringing in veteran QBs after Brady was injured?

I also believe the theory that Belichick prefers the guys who are consistent 7 of 10's on the talent scale over the guys who can flash a 9 or 10 but play like a 5 of 10 the rest of the time (I think the theory was offered in somebody's MBA thesis on management). If Hall cannot be where Belichick tells him to be consistently, no way he is even discussed.

Last edited:
We don't run man to man he was okay in zone at Atlanta. The guy is a good return option slater has a knock we want ellis to stay healthy we don't know the status of wheatly or sanders 1 more guy to maybe turn into a great player. We need help in our secondary he is available why not take a chance on him.

The MNF opener where he tried covering rookie Eddie Royal was telling. Royal abused him and not just on simple routes like outrunning him deep. Royal toyed with Hall, getting him to bite on every move while taking him inside, outside, deep and short. You would have sworn Royal was the vet and Hall was the rook. And all this without Brandon Marshall on the other side as he was suspended.

He wasn't a player that had quit on his piss-poor team. He was a player who outright stunk.

Regards,
Chris

Sorry Chris, your opinion does not count. You made statements based on actually having watched Hall play. Instead, you should just parrot the football media 'experts'. You know, the guys we trash when they irrationally diss the Pats but cite as authorities when they evaluate a potential acquisition.

You're all wrong. Sorry I've been gone by the way. The vitriol this forum spews after a loss is annoying so I took a little break from this forum. But anyway, Hall was cut because he was making so much money despite not adapting very well to the Raiders' man coverage formations. That's why I think he would be a good fit here. BB's defenses rarely leave any corner out to dry. But I have been wrong before...

Sorry Chris, your opinion does not count. You made statements based on actually having watched Hall play. Instead, you should just parrot the football media 'experts'. You know, the guys we trash when they irrationally diss the Pats but cite as authorities when they evaluate a potential acquisition.
Like Troy Brown last night saying Hall was a good (not great) starting CB. He knows nothing.

Like Troy Brown last night saying Hall was a good (not great) starting CB. He knows nothing.

Brown could have based his observation on the past, as many do, not on the 2008 version of the player.

Brown could have based his observation on the past, as many do, not on the 2008 version of the player.

But we're not talking about a 30+ player or someone who's coming off of major injuries. The Hall that Troy played is essentially the same guy now I would think.

Regards,
Chris

exactly...this guy was overrated even before he got to oakland. i'm not for this at all. and yes, he did get picked on because he was across from asomugha every sunday, but the fact is that he got beat a lot and didn't do much with it.

exactly...this guy was overrated even before he got to oakland. i'm not for this at all. and yes, he did get picked on because he was across from asomugha every sunday, but the fact is that he got beat a lot and didn't do much with it.

...besides we are much better off with the 4 Pro Bowls players we have playing now in the secondary. Where would we play him? :rolleyes:
how about "Lyme Disease in the Clubhouse"? How come we never hear that?

Last edited:
He's gone from being 'the man' in the secondary to getting picked on. He's learning a new style of defense. He's stuck playing for the Raiders.

It's not surprising that he's struggled. Talent-wise, he's worth a look. Character is a different issue, and it's one where I defer completely to Belioli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes